Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
john withers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I finally broke down and ordered a few commons off of CSI. Blind bags are still hard to find around here. I couldn't keep pulling bags for that rush of possibility. So I bought some commons. Mostly I picked up Commons that gave me more character dice so I'd enough to field, and a few common cards that I hadn't pulled out of blind bags even though I'd found rarer variants.

Murphies Law of course kicked in. Tonight at open play we each bought in and recieved 3 blind bags. I pulled nearly every card that I have on order, still awaiting the shipment, from Cool Stuff.

Oh well. I only paid $0.29 or .39 for the cards and dice so I'm not out enough to really be upset.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Rivet
United States
Pine City
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Well "la de" freck'n Da!
badge
The "Dennis System".
mbmbmbmbmb

And the 99C shipping is Sweetcool bought a few rares and uncommons to finish off the collection (For Now)ninja.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BigIV wrote:
...blind bags

Never heard that term before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ferris1971 wrote:
BigIV wrote:
...blind bags

It's often used for collectibles where you can't see which one you're getting like with the Lego collector series minifigs but with TCGs we normally just call 'em boosters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NinjaComicBook wrote:
ferris1971 wrote:
BigIV wrote:
...blind bags

It's often used for collectibles where you can't see which one you're getting like with the Lego collector series minifigs but with TCGs we normally just call 'em boosters.

Gotcha. Learn something every day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Satan Himself
United States
Dead Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
I think the best example of murphy's law in dice masters happened tonight. I had an opponent that literally rolled 0 character faces the entire game. It couldn't go much more wrong than that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john withers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
boltspedman wrote:

And the 99C shipping is Sweet.

That shipping rate was awesome. If I had realized how low it was it wouldn't have taken me so long to buckle and pick up cards and die. I don't know how they ship, but it can't bend them more than the gravity feeds.

I actually messed up and paid shipping twice without needing too. I bought from CSI and only picked up four cards from one character, because I haven't pulled Ghost Rider in the wild. And I need him. I have Ghost Rider pillow cases. I couldn't stand not having his cards. Shipping charge.

Then it started to dawn on me that I could complete a few die sets by buying the commons. I knew that, but it took a bit for the math to sink in. So, later that same day I placed a second order with a second shipping. Completely my lack of foresight. Foresight is never as good as hindsight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john withers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
WretchedSpawn wrote:
I think the best example of murphy's law in dice masters happened tonight. I had an opponent that literally rolled 0 character faces the entire game. It couldn't go much more wrong than that.

My games tonight went slightly better than that. I lost both games in public, but I at least had a shot to push some characters and try to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Similar thing happened to me. I bought a single Johnny Storm and a booster at my FLGS. Got home and opened it to find another Johnny Storm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bredfeldt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Is the moral of the story to never buy singles? Or never buy boosters?

And if you beat the odds and fail to roll a single character face the entire game (even with rerolls) then go out and buy a lotto ticket, quick!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.