Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
john withers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a YuGiOh fan, but I plan to pick this up to support the Dice Masters line overall. I'm planning for a starter but not heavy on the blind bags--although I rack up a fair amount at open play and eventually tournament plays.

My FLGS was taking pre-orders tonight, starting with me, for Uncanny MDM. Not in his system was a number for YuGiOh or D&D DM.

Dragonly, I think YuGiOh and D&D will play nicely together since they are both filled with dragons, characters, and what not. But since they're both properties that don't fall immediately into my person geekdom or table top I could terribly wrong about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristiano Cozzolino
Italy
Roma
RM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some distributors and stores started preorder also for D&D set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacie Winters
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah it's kind of funny that even though this version and the DC one was actually advertised first they are releasing Marvel and D&D before those two.

I'm actually pretty interested in how they do the Yugioh game. I tried the ccg but couldn't get into it after seeing my friend make a deck that one on his first turn... and I mean that quite literally, where it was designed that if he drew the perfect cards than he could run through his deck and pull off a combo that let him win and the other person would never get a turn. That killed the game for me right there.

So I would very much like more info on this Dice Masters game please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McFarlin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This happened to me while playing MDM this weekend. So many problems for me right now. I bought the starter, but I just don't like seeing people worry so much about getting specific cards/dice. I gave my buddy a booster I won in a tournament because he came in last place and he pulled a super rare...strange situation that wouldn't have happened if this was just a non collectible game.

Also have a problem with the power in these games. If someone is running the super rare Green Goblin card and you don't have one of a few cards to do something about it, you already know you've lost before you even start playing.

No fun. I think I'll stick to DC Deck Building and Legendary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john withers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Elianto wrote:
Some distributors and stores started preorder also for D&D set.

MirrorsNight wrote:
Yeah it's kind of funny that even though this version and the DC one was actually advertised first they are releasing Marvel and D&D before those two.

I saw a few online retailers open up the pre-orders. Have any brick and mortars? I didn't pre-order one tonight while playing MDMAX in the OP. Last month I did pre-order Uncanny. Since little information and not even a possible street date has confirmed on YuGiOh I haven't yet seen a need to preorder yet.

Oddly, one of the MDMAX playing employees at the store had not even heard about YuGiOh's version. He was happy to hear about it because he'd been big into YuGiOh a few years ago and even tried the Dungeon dice YuGiOh game that didn't make it a few years back.

I'll eventually pre-order a starter (support the brand and store) but I hope to only pick up boosters in tournament prizes and not get overly buy happy. Superheroes can fight dragons, monsters, and stubborn teenagers so that's cool to have a few around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.