Subject: Scenarios and playtime rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Dunn
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
How many scenarios does this game hoave. How long do they take?

And how long does a full campaign take to complete. The description says just 1000 minutes; is this about right for a campaign?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If by "campaign" you mean the full battle scenario, then I'd say 1000 minutes (16.67 hours by my calculation) is optimistic. We had several players take on the full battle at CSW Expo, and the battle was close to a decision after three days of play.

From an old post (because I don't have the game handy at the moment), the game includes one one-map scenario, two two-map scenarios, and one four-map scenario, in addition to two full-battle (four-map) scenarios. From memory, the one-map scenario could be decided in a long afternoon, and the others would take longer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dunn
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
Thank you for your help. I was trying to decide whether to purchase a cheap 1st edition copy or pass. I think the scope of this game is beyond me at this point. However, there seem to be quite a few people out there who love to collect monster games they shall never play. Generally i set a limit at 8 hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.