Subject: Extra action Timing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernhard Vierthaler
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does an extra action have to be the last action to take or can I take it anytime during my turn (we had a case when it was relevant because of a topple attempt)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you explain the situation? I'm having a hard time imagining when this would be an issue. I would think an extra action would apply only after performing your normal 3 actions. Maybe a case would be where you have a card that grants an extra action and you sell it as one of your first three actions? I think you would not get the extra action in that case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always played that you can take the extra action any time during your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LautreSault
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arjisme wrote:
Can you explain the situation?

I'm also curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
A simple situation where this would arise is not having quite enough money to afford a Topple, but using an extra sell action to raise the money. If you had to do the extra action last, this wouldn't be possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Spears
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
OverText intentionally left blank.
badge
Reach in to find out!
mbmbmbmbmb
In the living rules (emphasis mine):

"Extra Action – Certain partners give you an extra action. For instance, if you have the Henry Ford Investor, you may sell one card during your action phase without expending any of your three standard actions (two standard actions if Jailed)"

That tells me that the extra action can be taken any time, and even if you lose the "extra action" card that turn, you still get your regular three actions, since they weren't expended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard Vierthaler
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
A simple situation where this would arise is not having quite enough money to afford a Topple, but using an extra sell action to raise the money. If you had to do the extra action last, this wouldn't be possible.

That was exactly the case in our game.

So it seems to me that you can use the extra action whenever you want?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.