United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have yet to see or hear about Motives ending up being 4 Cylon Allegiances or 4 Human Allegiances. AFAIK, odds really are that rare (3.5% chance?). 7% chance since 3.5% is one or the other, but we're fine with any 4 identical Allegiances.

If someone did get this scenario, can you offer any details? What Motives did you get, in what order? Was there anything about this that stood out vs. getting dealt 1-and-3 or 2-and-2?

EDIT: update on odds
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Star Fox
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Keep busy to keep happy.
badge
If you have fun, then even if you lose you still win!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to get that, but so far i've only ever got 3:1 or 2:2.

A friend came close - they were dealt 2 cylon motives initially. We'd guessed that they must have been when they immediately started piling on the pressure and were clearly trying to damage the humans as much as possible.

Strangely they backed off significantly after sleeper phase...they'd just been dealt 2 human motives laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Trigiani
United States
Blairstown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No info on 4:0 here.

I did have 3 cylon 1 human with 2 being the hold cards motives as Simon in a 5 player game. Terrible! It was a PBF game (I forget the name) just Daybreak to kobol so I wanted to see if mutineer and cylon leader was balanced. In this game, no. It was not.

Even with 3:1 it was difficult. I had to personally destroy a centurion because the humans wouldn't. Otherwise I would have to hold 6 cards most of the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
I have yet to see or hear about Motives ending up being 4 Cylon Allegiances or 4 Human Allegiances. AFAIK, odds really are that rare (3.5% chance?).

3.5% chance of 4 Cylon and 3.5% of 4 Human; 7% chance (to ridiculously high precision - 70/1001 or 10/143) of getting 4 of a kind.

It should come up, on average, one game in 14, assuming statistical independence of the game reaching Sleeper.

I would expect it to have happened by now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rmsgrey wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
I have yet to see or hear about Motives ending up being 4 Cylon Allegiances or 4 Human Allegiances. AFAIK, odds really are that rare (3.5% chance?).

3.5% chance of 4 Cylon and 3.5% of 4 Human; 7% chance (to ridiculously high precision - 70/1001 or 10/143) of getting 4 of a kind.

It should come up, on average, one game in 14, assuming statistical independence of the game reaching Sleeper.

I would expect it to have happened by now.
Ah right, x2 for either result.

Are saying that from your observations, in where you've been in at least 14 games with a CL, or that someone else should've seen it by now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like I might have gotten 4x Human in a F2F once, but it's the kind of thing I forget as soon as the game is over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Are saying that from your observations, in where you've been in at least 14 games with a CL, or that someone else should've seen it by now?

The latter - I've only played a few games with Daybreak, and not all of those had Cylon Leaders

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Trigiani
United States
Blairstown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found one! It was me in pbf 397. However the game ended at distance 2 so it doesn't count. Starting motives were cylon subject for study and savor their demise. Humans lose on population
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.