Chris Lane
United States
Elkhorn
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up the game and cannot figure out this rule. If I am on the last space in a room about to move past my opponent's starting line, but they have a character that is off the board on that starting line, do I have to initiate combat and defeat that character to be able to exit and score a VP? Also, does it matter the orientation of the opponent's character symbol since they are not technically on the board yet?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The orientation matters--you need to incapacitate them in combat first IF they are facing the zone you wish to exit from. I know it's strange, since they're not on the board yet, but imagine them blocking the room just outside of it.
(It's easier to visualize if you've played the original, since the starting zone was a strip of squares)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lane
United States
Elkhorn
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if I understand your comment correctly, the opponent must have their character card oriented toward the exit that I am using? If there are two exits and I leave out one that they are not using to face the board, then I get out cleanly. If I try to exit the space they are facing toward, I need to initiate combat and "wound" them to be able to leave. Correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Precisely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.