Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stig Beite L√łken
Norway
Stavanger
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I tried playing Descent 2E with my gaming group. I was the overlord. It seemed to me, time and time again, that the result of quests came down to: Did you get lucky and flip the mission objective quickly? This is the case when there are x number of quest tokens and you have to flip them over to see if it is a blank or if it is the true objective. All that setup, purchasing items, doing battle with monsters just seemed like frosting on a game of complete and utter chance. Now, I don't mind luck in our games, but I want to feel like I achieved something. Some quests also seemed rather imbalanced and skewed towards either the overlord or the heroes.

Are the quests in the Labyrinth of Ruin or Nerekhall better? Do you think I would have a better experience if I played those?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casper jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Both expansion quests are much better IMO. We're having a blast currently in Shadows and recently finished Labyrith. ON top of that, we were about to walk away from the game after playing the base game campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Toffee
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LoR and SoN have better quests, the base campaign is just racing for goals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Morehouse
United States
Redlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We enjoyed the base game, but I think Labyrinth of Ruin and Trollfens were of much better design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you know its funny you should ask that, because we are just winidng down our core campaign from the first box, and I have been playing solo the Labyrinth of Ruins campaign(LoR), and finding it a bit more exciting. I managed to completely clobber the players in the first episode where Selena (sp) is rescued and becomes an ally. Note, ive only been through half the act 1's but sofar they have been GREAT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Mott
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suplex
msg tools
Would either of the expansion campaigns be suitable for a group of heroes who have never played Decent before? If so, which would be best?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Suplex wrote:
Would either of the expansion campaigns be suitable for a group of heroes who have never played Decent before? If so, which would be best?

I just started a Nerekhall campaign against 4 heroes, two people controlling them who are experienced players. I pretty much walked all over them in the intro and the first act 1 quest I chose. I would say in my opinion that Nerekhall probably not ideal for noobs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.