United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It sort of bothered me how even though when you have a "XX side wins condition", and the other condition(s) bullet-pointed will conflict with that in some non-trivial way, it still essentially boiled down to you trying to get that team to win and being a "human" or "cylon" in the end anyways. Daybreak Motives that replace Agendas can break this mold if you get 2 and 2, which is the closest thing to this, as you sort of get to choose your side (and play kingmaker to a certain extent).

I'm mostly fine with the Motives (and although I prefer them to Agendas, the Agendas IMO were still better than some of the alternatives), so this thread isn't really aiming to fix anything, but just to explore alternatives just for the sake of exploring alternatives.

Without Humans Win or Cylons Win clause or subclause, you'd need a more intricate set of bullet points to keep things on the level...
Just to get the creative juices flowing, one set could be...

Have at least 3 of the following sets
--1 or less Raptors
--Food is 6 or less

--Food and/or Fuel damage token, and/or Fuel civvy hit
--Fuel is 2 or less

--Population and Morale are within 2 of each other

--number of # of Civvies remaining - 3 of them is greater or equal to Population (e.g. of OK... 9 Population, but 12 civvies, you just made this one)

-perhaps another one looking at specific civvies that got damaged

This would be more interesting, but from a design standpoint, not very modular, and harder to come up with, so go figure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking you could well 'simply' use 'stacking the decks', i.e. ensuring 2 human and 2 cylon allegiance Motives, practically dividing the Motives into two piles and dealing one from each at the beginning and at sleeper. But you can extend this by adding some home-made "Allegience: Any" Motives to both decks (so you can't know when the CL/you are getting one), i.e. shuffle the same Any-Motive to both decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Trigiani
United States
Blairstown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a variant being tested in 105 and 106. Cylon leader ignores the "wins with..." statement on motives and can win with either side. However, they must complete all 4 motives. They can change motives by returning to the resurrection ship. They draw 1 and discard 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.