Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos R
United States
Lake Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
So a situation arose from fighting volkare during my solo session. I decided to partially attend combat, and in doing so leveled up. On my turn I decided to call end of round. My questions:
1. What happens to the leveling up step? Do I wait until the end of my first turn of the next round to level up and pick new cards from the advanced actions?
2. What happens to my play area? In the rulebook it says to shuffle all your cards at the end of round but it specifically mentions discard pile, hand and deed deck, not the play area with played cards from a previous partially attended turn. Do those get shuffled too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bologna
BO
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
zolrac01 wrote:
So a situation arose from fighting volkare during my solo session. I decided to partially attend combat, and in doing so leveled up. On my turn I decided to call end of round. My questions:
1. What happens to the leveling up step? Do I wait until the end of my first turn of the next round to level up and pick new cards from the advanced actions?
2. What happens to my play area? In the rulebook it says to shuffle all your cards at the end of round but it specifically mentions discard pile, hand and deed deck, not the play area with played cards from a previous partially attended turn. Do those get shuffled too?

I'm pretty sure that the answer to your second question is yes, they get shuffled too.

I have no idea about the first question, but imho you should level up at the end of the first turn of the next round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't fully attend the combat, you don't get an end of turn. aka no level up until you finish your turn normally.

Edit:
Mage knight rule book: http://wizkidsgames.com/wp-content/uploads/mage/MK_rulebook_...

Page 9, Player Versus Player, section 3c

But even better,
Lost Legion Rule book: http://wizkidsgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/mk-lost-l...
Page 7, Combat Situation, Attention to combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zolrac01 wrote:

to be more specific

On your turn:
1. Volklare attack you, you partially attended combat.
- No end of turn, aka do no level up.

2. You declare end of round
- do your end of turn no end of turn (see below for more info)
- then prepare for end of round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos R
United States
Lake Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
That's where the confusion came in because when you state end of round you forfeit your turn, so I figured that included end of turn actions. The rules make slight mention of it when they state that you can't get the effects of staying on a mine or glade, but they don't include an example of someone who still has a mess in front of them from a previous partially attended turn, whether it was pvp or coop city/volkare etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zolrac01 wrote:
That's where the confusion came in because when you state end of round you forfeit your turn, so I figured that included end of turn actions. The rules make slight mention of it when they state that you can't get the effects of staying on a mine or glade, but they don't include an example of someone who still has a mess in front of them from a previous partially attended turn, whether it was pvp or coop city/volkare etc.

Now I see what you mean.

Page 3, A Player's turn wrote:
3. If you forfeit your turn, your turn ends immediately; you cannot
even use the benefits of a map space you occupy (mines or magical glade).

So if you follow the rules to the letter, you don't get to level up.

When Volklare attack you, you partially attended, you don't get your end of turn.

On your turn, you forfeited your turn to declare end of round. Again you don't get an end of turn.

So you get to level up, during your next full turn, which should be your first turn of the next round.

Wow, that's a crazy scenario. I've learned something today.

That's my interpretation of the rules. If someone can proof me wrong I'll be happier

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco C
Brazil
Rio De Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I'm reviving this thread because I have the same question, let it be Volkare or PvP combat. Check this out:

Rulebook page 9 wrote:
Level up: If your Shield token crossed one or more lines on the Fame track this turn, you gain a level for each line crossed:

This contradicts the conclusion you guys reached... On the other hand, you would never level up if you follow this. I still think the correct call is to level up at the end of your next turn, be it in the current round or next, but I'm still not sure...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Honore
France
Berzé la ville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you should level up even if you declare en of the round.

The case could arise with Wolfhawk motivation skill too !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Partially Attend the Combat p.10 wrote:
He does not follow the normal end of turn procedure. Especially, he does not draw new cards. Any unused mana tokens remain until the end of his regular turn.

If unused mana tokens linger until the end of your regular turn, I'd assume leveling up does too.

You could consider your "partially attending" turn and your next regular turn as segments of the same, one normal turn you get, in order to satisfy the Level up: this turn clause. It is a stretch but you have to level up sometime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.