-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To have a comfortably paced experience teaching 4 new players (only Overseer and one player will know the game) how much time would you suggest setting aside to include teaching, game play, set up and cleanup?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Crawford - Greybeard
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It took us 4 hours about 2 weeks ago to play the first mission with 5 commandos and handle everything you described below. I was the overseer and the only person who had played before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nolan Cluff

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
To have a comfortably paced experience teaching 4 new players (only Overseer and one player will know the game) how much time would you suggest setting aside to include teaching, game play, set up and cleanup?

Four commandos, all new players, took about 3 1/2 hrs for scenario 1 at KublaCon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Torell
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Android:Netrunner videos: http://www.peachhack.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it can also depend on the mission you choose, or even what choices the commandos make in the mission. For example, mission 2 could last 2.5 or 4 hours, depending on which direction the commandos choose to go at the very beginning.

While I haven't played it myself, I think mission 8.5 would go relatively fast (maybe closer to 3 hours with 6 people), since the distance to travel isn't that much for the commandos.

If you're playing mission 1, I think 4 hours is a reasonable estimate for 6 players, taking the time to teach 4 of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well on that note I haven't ever heard anyone even suggest a first teaching game using any of the other missions. Does anyone feel that there are other missions better suited to providing the best possible first game experience to players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Torell
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Android:Netrunner videos: http://www.peachhack.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I think mission 1 is the right place to start. I only said "if" in case you were starting somewhere else, since you have two experienced players already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thuddeus wrote:
NuMystic wrote:

Four commandos, all new players, took about 3 1/2 hrs for scenario 1 at KublaCon.

Nolan, can you share a little bit about your experience of playing it in the convention environment? Were you the overseer or a Commando? In hindsight, anything that could been done better to provide the best possible experience for everybody involved?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.