4 Posts

Castaways» Forums » Rules

Subject: Don't the castaways have to sleep at night? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
cnmd djb
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rules book, during the SURVIVAL phase, i konw castaways have to eat and rest,but the rest is not real rest,'if the campfire is lit,each castaway recovers 1 energy.if it isn't,each castaway loses 1 energy'.
Why don't they ly down under the shelter and have a sleep at night? i mean because people sleep at night,so the castaways should get a free rest action during the SURVIVAL phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
cnmddjb wrote:
'if the campfire is lit,each castaway recovers 1 energy.if it isn't,each castaway loses 1 energy'.

This is their "sleep".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Fiedler
Australia
Colebee
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This aspect of the game doesn't make sense to me.

I can build an awesome shelter and gain lots of energy every time I "rest".
But at night, I either gain 1 or lose 1 energy based solely on the camp fire, regardless of the level of my shelter.
It just doesn't make any sense.

Eg, cold stormy weather and resting in my shelter could give 3 energy without fire.
Hot balmy night, without fire, and I lose 1 energy.
How does this work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think a turn is necessarily a day...

When you do a rest action, you sleep... If you don't sleep, you get tired.

If the fire isn't lit, your tasks are harder... you have to spend energy. If it's lit, they are easier giving you a small amount of time to recuperate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.