Subject: About Mercenary Heavy Infantry rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Segeun Yu
South Korea
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
What is the advantage of Mercenary Heavy Infantry (MHI)?
Compare with Regular HI, same cost, same BP and also included in ManMax limits(6.42) and then removed in removal phase…
If I played Carthage, I will never rise the MHI, I think.. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Baker
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mercenaries have the following benefits:

1 - It is not an operation to raise them. You can raise Merc units with card play and then use them the very same activation.

2 - Mercenaries can be raised anywhere, not just in provinces you control.

3 - Raising Mercenaries can let you raise HI or Cav in provinces where they are otherwise not allowed to be raised. So, for example, you can raise a Cav unit if you need one for Cavalry superiority or supremecy in a battle upcoming that activation, for a quick "surprise" one or two shifts in your favor.

4 - And don't forget, when taking casualties you can kill off the merc units first. So, if you have to lose 3 BP during a combat anyway, there's no practical difference between losing an HI you bought during Manpower that turn and losing a merc you raised during the current activation. And if that extra 3 BP, or 1 or 2 Cav shifts, is the difference between winning or losing a battle, then yeah, it can be worth it.

In other words, used judiciously hiring mercs can keep 2T of your treasury flexible during the turn, to be used where you need it when you need it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.