Two Rooms and a Boom» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: 2R1B PBF # (Whatever) - Title TBD (June 22 - June 27) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Holy shit, rebuilding your games collection is expensive!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
Game cancelled

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:

0 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1183...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
Introduction

Two Rooms and a Boom is a social deduction, hidden role game. There are two teams, the Red Team and the Blue Team. The Blue Team has a President. The Red Team has a Bomber. Players are equally distributed between two rooms (separate playing areas). The game consists of 5 timed rounds. At the end of each round, some players will be traded into opposing rooms. If the Red Team’s Bomber is in the same room as the Blue Team's President at the end of the game, then the Red Team wins. Otherwise the Blue Team wins.

PBF Rules

At the start of the game, the moderator will create two different "room" threads (labeled something like "PBF #1 - The Bunker - Round 1" and "PBF #1 - The Command Post - Round") and a "main" thread (this one) in which the mod posts all of the "commands" during the game (like, "Jimmy Dean moves from The Bunker to the Command Post"). The mod then randomly assigns all players to the two rooms and deals out randomly their roles via private message. The mod then begins the first round by posting something like: ROUND 1 WILL END 24 HOURS FROM NOW

Each round is a day. All players assigned into a room MUST NOT look at the other room's thread as that is CHEATING. They may only post in their assigned room. Players may read the thread of past rooms, but ONLY if they were in the room at the time (for example, a player who was in the Bunker in round 2 may look at the Round 2 Bunker thread in round 5, but may not read the Round 2 Command Post thread since they were never in that room). Over the course of the round, each room's leader will select a number of hostages (round and player count dependent) to transfer to the other room. If a leader does not submit a person to switch within the time limit, the mod will select hostages randomly from that room and move them.

After the mod has moved the players, two new threads for the next round will be created.

Actions

Actions are denoted in bold font. Only actions may be bolded. Possible actions include:

Electing a Leader
Revealing
Private Messaging

Electing a Leader

To elect a Leader for a room, players vote for any player in their room. They do this by bolding "Vote for Alex". Once a player has enough votes equal to more than half the number of players in the room (a majority), that player is the Leader.

A Leader may not be sent as a hostage.

A Leader remains the leader of a room until:
• The Leader leaves the room. If the Leader chooses to leave the room, then they must choose someone else to be the new Leader for that room.
• A re-vote occurs and a new player receives the majority of the votes.
• If the current leader no longer wants to be the leader (usually because the leader wants to be a hostage) then the leader simply states in bold that they are handing the leader card to another player. The player receiving the leader card must post in bold that they accept or decline the leader card. If they decline leadership, the original leader remains leader. If they accept leadership, they become the room leader; they cannot give leadership back to the previous leader via abdication until the next round (no givesybacksies).

If a room fails to nominate and elect their first leader by the end of the first round, the leader will become the player that has the most number of votes by the end of the round. If there is a tie, the player that has the most number of votes and has the longest held last vote will become leader.

Example:

First Charlie votes for Skyler
Then Sage votes for Quinn
Then Phoenix votes for Skyler
Then Ali votes for Quinn

Skyler - Charlie (1), Phoenix (3)
Quinn - Sage (2), Ali (4)

Skyler would be elected leader, because the last vote for Skyler (from Phoenix) occurred before the last vote for Quinn (from Ali).

If a leader fails to select hostages by the deadline, hostages will be chosen randomly by the moderator and random.org

If a leader sends himself/herself away and fails to nominate a replacement leader, one will be chosen randomly by the moderator and random.org

SECOND-IN-COMMAND: To prevent random transfers from occurring during the game (because of the flavor of this game, decisions CANNOT be made after the deadline), room leaders are HIGHLY encouraged to appoint a second-in-command and inform both that player and the moderator, so that said player may also submit hostage transfer orders and next round leader appointment to the moderator.

Revealing

During the course of the game, players can do what is called a "card share" or a "color share". If you card share with a player, you reveal to them your role and they reveal to you their role. If players wish to do a card share, they must publicly state in their room's thread, "I wish to do a card share with Robin." Robin must then also say, "I wish to do a card share with Alex." After both players have "locked in" their wish to card share via bolding, they are FORCED to divulge their role card with the other player (ie, you can't back out if you realize you're about to reveal to a player on the other team). If they wish to do a color share, it is the same type of situation, except that you only share the color of your card (red, blue, or gray). There must be 10 players playing before color shares are allowed.

What if a player wishes to back out of a share prior to the actual share? Let's say A puts in bold that they wish to share with B. Prior to B putting in bold that they will share with A, A can back out of the reveal by putting in another message, in bold, saying they no longer wish to share. Once B puts in their share orders, however, the share is required by both parties, regardless of whether they wanted to share or not. No cheating! The mod WILL intervene if required (but would rather you sort it out yourself).

Players are also allowed to simply show another player their color or role if they'd like. To do this, a player would publicly state and bold in his room's thread, "I show Mel my color" or "Private Reveal Mel."

Likewise, you can publicly reveal your role to the room, by bolding your color or role and announcing it in the room's thread (i.e., "I am red."). If it's bold, you cannot lie.

To summarize, we have:

• Offer [color/card share] with Robin - to propose a color or card share to player
• Accept [color/card share] with Robin - to accept a color or card share with player
• Revoke [color/card share] offer to Robin - to cancel a previous color or card share offer to player
• Private reveal [color/role] to Robin - show role/color with player
• I am [color/role] - show color/role with room

Private Messaging

Private messaging will be allowed this game. A private message consists of a Geekmail to another player or players, or a private chat in Cassandra.

Private messages:

• Must be announced in the public thread who you whispered to, via a bolded action, [Whisper to Casey]
• Are limited to 15 minutes per whisper in Cassandra. If you wish to keep the conversation going, please post a bolded action again, like [Reply to Casey]
• You are allowed to use Geekmail to whisper to multiple people at once for one action. "Whisper to Casey, Alex, Quinn."
• There's no limit on private messages (whispers)

SPECIAL NOTE ON ENCODING WHISPERS:

Because spectators and future geeks browsing the forums may want to see what was said during those whisper exchanges (it makes the game more interesting), you may consider posting your messages in a
Spoiler (click to reveal)
SPOILER
and use a cypher like that found on the rot13 website (http://www.rot13.com/) to keep people from accidentally reading the message. To use the encoder, just type in whatever message you would like to whisper, hit CYPHER, and post the encoded text in your spoiler. Whoever receives the whisper should then copy the encoded text, paste it back into the rot13 encoder/decoder, and hit CYPHER.

NOTE: DO NOT READ MESSAGES MEANT FOR OTHER PEOPLE, especially those from opposing team members. THIS IS CHEATING. You are welcome to go back after the game is over and read what people posted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roleset

Blue Team

Blue President - the Blue Team wins if you do not gain the “dead” condition.

Red Team

Red Bomber - everyone in the same room as you at the end of the game gains the "Dead" condition. The Red Team wins if the President gains the "Dead" condition from the Bomber.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Transfers

x players are participating, which means the rounds will have the following number of player swaps:

Round 1: x players
Round 2: x players
Round 3: x players
Round 4: x players
Round 5: 1 player

-›
‹-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Penalties

Violations of the rules (defying conditions, whispering across rooms, posting in other room's thread, etc.) can be subject to penalty at the mod's discretion. Penalties may include losing the ability to vote for a round or the rest of the game, having to publicly reveal your card, or expulsion if the violation is serious or repeated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Notes

Whispers

You may whisper via Cassie or Geekmail. For every 15 minutes of whispering in Cassie, please bold post that you are whispering.

Conclusion

BLUE TEAM V. RED TEAM

Cast List

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Signups are now open!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
Firefighter/Pyrotech - have you read all the comments about in the PBF75 and PBF51?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
What does the changer do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
Firefighter/Pyrotech - have you read all the comments about in the PBF75 and PBF51?

I don't usually read games I haven't played in. So no.

If there are issues with roles, shouldn't they be discussed in a place where everyone in the community is likely to read about it, instead of a game where only a couple of people are paying attention?

Pretty sure I have said this before guys.

snore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Borgoto wrote:
What does the changer do?

There are 2 cards in the Changer deck for this game: The Leprechaun and the Hot Potato. The Changers must change their card before the start of round 5 or they lose. The first one to change will receive either the Leprechaun or the Hot Potato (chosen at random). The second one to change will receive what's left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
mmazala wrote:
nolemonplease wrote:

I don't usually read games I haven't played in. So no.

If there are issues with roles, shouldn't they be discussed in a place where everyone in the community is likely to read about it, instead of a game where only a couple of people are paying attention?

Pretty sure I have said this before guys.

snore

Heh. I just went back to PBF51, and all that was said was "I think Pyrotech favors red". Someone agreed, and that was it.

PBF75 I didn't pay much attention to, but I think it was discussed a bit more there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really. Some people don't like it because it favors red. Some people like it because it prevents everyone losing. It was said that it favors red but that the doctor engineer favors blue so it's fine to switch it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Borgoto wrote:
Not really. Some people don't like it because it favors red. Some people like it because it prevents everyone losing. It was said that it favors red but that the doctor engineer favors blue so it's fine to switch it up.

Why does Doctor/Engineer favor Blue?

All right. Thanks for the recap Borgoto. I'm probably going to keep them in rather than putting in Doctor/Engineer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say you are in a 10 player game.

At the end the president is in a room with 4 people. 5 people in the other room. This is from a purely mathematical standpoint.

So there is 4/9 chance he is with the bomber and 5/9 chance he is not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Borgoto wrote:

At the end the president is in a room with 4 people. 5 people in the other room. This is from a purely mathematical standpoint.

But how does Doctor/Engineer change that? Both the President and the Bomber have equal chances - 8/18 - that their VIP counterpart is in the room with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
mmazala wrote:
Borgoto wrote:

But how does Doctor/Engineer change that? Both the President and the Bomber have equal chances - 8/18 - that their VIP counterpart is in the room with them.

The blue favored thing is not in relation to the doctor/Firefighter debate.

I mean: Blue is always favored a bit following this logic so it's ok to have a red favored role, I guess that was the logic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a quiet free spirit with a mysterious past
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Doctor/Engineer is neutral, while Firefighter/Pyrotech favors red. If I understand correctly...

If red accomplishes their goal, blue has to accomplish theirs.

If blue accomplishes their goal, red doesn't have to accomplish theirs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
maytheodds wrote:
I think Doctor/Engineer is neutral, while Firefighter/Pyrotech favors red. If I understand correctly...

If red accomplishes their goal, blue has to accomplish theirs.

If blue accomplishes their goal, red doesn't have to accomplish theirs.

I think the firefighter favors red enough that it switches the balance but that the standard game is slightly blue favored.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to a lack of signups, the roleset will be revised, likely including new roles from Origins & the latest release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roleset originally posted (requires 12 people)

Roleset

Blue Team

Blue President - the Blue Team wins if you do not gain the “dead” condition.

Blue Firefighter -

Blue Team -

Red Team

Red Bomber - everyone in the same room as you at the end of the game gains the "Dead" condition. The Red Team wins if the President gains the "Dead" condition from the Bomber.

Red Pyrotech -

Red Team -

Grey Team

2 x Changer -

Rock -

Paper -

Scissors -

Clone -

Changer Deck

Leprechaun -

Hot Potato -

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a quiet free spirit with a mysterious past
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't intend to play a game with Firefighter/Pyrotech; I think others feel the same way?

Nothing against you or anyone else, just my own feelings that those roles are unbalanced. The rest of the roleset looks great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
maytheodds wrote:
I don't intend to play a game with Firefighter/Pyrotech; I think others feel the same way?

Nothing against you or anyone else, just my own feelings that those roles are unbalanced. The rest of the roleset looks great.

I agree with May. I'm not a big fan of the Firefighter/Pyrotech pair, so I probably will not be participating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will take out the Pyrotech/Firefighter pair (though I feel those are much more fair in a changing roleset than Doctor/Engineer)

I don't have time to make a revised roleset today but I can try for tomorrow.

What won't be in the roleset:

Pyrotech/Engineer
Pirate sauron

Might come out of the roleset:
R/P/S
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.