Subject: anyone think gul damar should be duel faction rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dario gonzalez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
i am surprised he is only dominion, he did help the federation a lot, by becoming the leader of the rebellion. in fact this is when we really get to see shine and what kind of character he is. he should be dominion and federation or dominion and independent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He was merely a Federation ally at that point. His goal was freeing Cardassia, and was willing to accept help wherever he could get it. Was first and foremost concerned about his own people though. Certainly wasn't Federation, despite similar aims at the end of season 7.

The Damar here isn't really that Damar though (despite the ship and the presence of Seskal in the pack). The mine ability more suggests the season 6 Damar who was staunchly in favor of the Dominion (and he's Gul Damar as he was when he took down the minefield, not Legate Damar as he was in season 7).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Chow
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Well, think of the cross-faction cost penalty being a level of distrust when he went rogue. I'm sure the Federation would be just a little reluctant to let him captain a Federation vessel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get what you're saying, but there isn't really another faction that fits him. He did everything "for Cardassia!"

Martok helped the Federation a lot more, and he isn't dual faction. Heck, Captain Worf isn't even dual faction, and he's wearing his freaking Starfleet uniform in the picture!

I can only remember one occasion when Damar even set foot on a Federation ship--and it was a runabout. On the other hand, Dukat actually piloted runabouts a number of times during the show. He also stole a Federation shuttlecraft and even seemed to be living out of it for a while (funny how crazy cults always get started by guys sleeping in their cars). Not to mention his beloved Bird of Prey.

I guess he could be dual-faction with Independent, but how would that express itself? "You do not pay a faction penalty when assigning Damar to an Independent ship." So then he'd be on a Maquis ship, a Tholian, or a Gorn (until something else shows up). For the time being, nothing particularly thematic there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was actually just thinking that this blind pack provides the best argument we've seen for why the Cardassians shouldn't necessarily be their own faction.

And ultimately, the faction penalty isn't about political affiliation, it's about which kinds of ship you're experienced with and whether you can wear that eyepiece without getting a headache.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.