Subject: Runebound (towers & keeps) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodger Deering
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hey all, hope everyone is doing great! I wanted to share this with you about Runebound. It's a look and how to make towers & keeps to use with Runebound in place of the gem/XP counters. I (as other people) find I sometimes miss the gem/XP counters when playing, as they blend in with the map. The towers & keeps help to plan out your strategies on where to go adventure next on the map. It also adds a cool look and feel to Runebound as you explore what's lurking inside of them. (I know, whatta geek!) Thanks for looking and happy gaming! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mAGy-c_1wA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I want to believe
badge
*distinctive theme song whistle*
mbmbmbmbmb
I use glass drops in place of the cardboard counters for ease of seeing and handling the adventure spaces (and, admittedly, for the bling bling), but I like the thought of adding a little theme to it! Now you've got me thinking about how I can upgrade my upgrade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really like to see so many towers there. Isn't it easy to make them fall?

Aren't runewars minis really small? Maybe we should take random monsters, then spray them into corresponding colors and use those as gems. That would be cool. Most expensive upgrade ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A link to your Threat Track here would be appropriate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodger Deering
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hey there guys, LOL, yeah, sort of expensive! But, gaming is something that I truly love. And with Runebound, if it costs me a little $$$ and a little work to enjoy it more, why not? I mean, if FFG came out with the "RUNEBOUND: TOWERS & KEEPS" minis in a expansion to add to the game, I'd buy it anyway. I will say it is kind of a cool effect while playing, the map gets more thinned out as green and yellow towers are conquered and removed. And if you used Runewar minis and painted them, you would be way up in $$$$$, I just checked Ebay, that game is expensive it seems. Also I've been developing a board game for the last few years now called Dungeon Crusade. Some of those towers/keeps are from that game I'm working on. Hopefully this summer I'll be revealing it and showing it off. In any case, I wish you the best and happy gaming! Rodger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodger Deering
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
Eat2surf wrote:
A link to your Threat Track here would be appropriate.
You got it >>> http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/99642/runebound-2nd-editio...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodger Deering
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
As a side note, I'm also going to be posting a VERY cool variation to Runebound for people to download and test out. I haven't seen anything like it yet, and it adds a GREAT strategic twist without taking away what Runebound is all about. Hopefully this weekend I'll have it done. Thanks again and have a great day
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Groovus wrote:
And if you used Runewar minis and painted them, you would be way up in $$$$$, I just checked Ebay, that game is expensive it seems.

I can see many listing on ebay for 50-60USD. Not so bad. It has 196 little minis inside.

Apparently those are already colored, at least there are yellow, blue, green and red. I wouldn't even have to break the game to use those minis as gem proxies I was thinking about buying this game for about 2 years now anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also bought gem beads, looked low and high to find a good deal and not have to buy too much. I also found plastic hearts to replace the cardboard ones.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1097491/plastic-hearts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodger Deering
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
Areinu wrote:
Groovus wrote:
And if you used Runewar minis and painted them, you would be way up in $$$$$, I just checked Ebay, that game is expensive it seems.

I can see many listing on ebay for 50-60USD. Not so bad. It has 196 little minis inside.

Apparently those are already colored, at least there are yellow, blue, green and red. I wouldn't even have to break the game to use those minis as gem proxies I was thinking about buying this game for about 2 years now anyway.

Wow! Those minis are pretty sweet. I may pickup Runewars also. I'm going to watch some vids on this game. I always heard about it, but now I'm pretty interested. THANK YOU for the point out of Runewars! Have a good evening...Rodger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Runewars (revised edition) is still in print and cane be bought for ~$50-55 new..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodger Deering
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
Good morning all. In that video I made I showed a bag that had all of the remaining pieces in it. So last night I took some of the other pieces and made another full set of towers and painted them. I put them up on Ebay to see if anyone else would want a set. Now I'm not sure if I'm allowed on BGG to put links up on auctions, so I'm not going to. I don't want to offend anyone. But if you type in Runebound towers on Ebay they'll come up. I had a hard time thinking of a starting price. So I put $14.99? BIN $29.99? Here are some pics of the new ones. You guys have a great day, talk to you soon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.