Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Uh. Okay. This reads like some 16 year old white girl from North Platte trying to sound like one of the dope dealers in The Wire. Ish, bish?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
I am suspecting satire, either that or [sexist remark].

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:

Shut yo mouf, fool! You feel me? I'm hangry, les' get some us some o' them ribs and chicken from the grill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm old. Get off my lawn.

But glad you're enjoying yourself. Just not on my lawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
I am suspecting satire, either that or [sexist remark].

Just a serious case of mismatching the audience and the message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think this should be in the W&G forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like you guys scared another one away. We're never going to get Darilian a girlfriend at this rate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Rookie mistake, guys. Someone has to quote the OP so we all know what we're making fun of once it's deleted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Rookie mistake, guys. Someone has to quote the OP so we all know what we're making fun of once it's deleted.
Quote:
The [Boy-Crazy] Girl’s Guide to Gaming Conventions

Gamers are fine. Not alright, not okay. They’re hawt. The best part is that they don’t know- okay, some do and some don’t. Anyway, I kind of frustrate myself because I don’t at all want to imply that all lady gamers want the D. I just happen to be a gamer that is a boy-crazy chick. One trait does not require the other, but I wanted to shout out the girls who share my plight. Yo, girl, what up. Here’s how to hunt at a gaming con.

DON’T OVERLOAD YOUR SENSES!

You gotta come in with at least a loose plan. Some guys are gonna get in your peripheral and jack your ish up, but you gotta keep moving. Check in, register, do whatever you gotta do, girl. These dudes are here all weekend, just like you. If they’re not staying the whole time, they suck and they aren’t down to ride anyway. Scope out your surroundings a little. Where the hell is the open gaming room and where is the bazaar from that? Don’t forget that you’re ultimately there for games and not dudes. So, sign up for your ish, bish!

PEACOCK!

Work it. Strut, strut, strut! Lady attendance at cons is getting higher, which is rad, but the gaming world is still overrun with a bunch of dudes. Some women I’ve talked to feel marginalized and often downplay sexuality because they don’t want to be over sexualized by some fool that doesn’t take them seriously. Eff that noise, son. I’m gonna peacock all day long, because that’s just what I like to do. My celebration of my vag doesn’t mean you can discredit my gaming skills. But I don’t have to tell you, I’ll just show you when we do it on the table. So, buck up and flaunt or don’t flaunt whatever the hell you want, girls.

TRY ANYTHING ONCE

I like to try things thrice, but I’m crazy. Jump into hella games, do some tourneys, go larp! Try anything and everything you can. That’s just so obvi at a con but if you’re boy-crazy like me, it’s easy to get side-tracked… which brings me to my next point:

DON’T BE A STALKER

You spot the kyutest dood evah. Come on, it’s that messy bed head, the fitted hoodie, the blank stare… *swoon* BUT STAHP IT! Don’t jump into games just because Blank Face is there… unless it’s a really good game… and the seat right next to him is open. It’s chill if that’s the intro point, okay? But don’t friggin’ follow that dude everywhere and don’t skip your tourney just to follow him over to foam sword battles.

BUT DO FOLLOW THROUGH

If you’re gonna look at a dude, look at him and smile when he turns to look back at you. Don’t friggin’ look away all crazy and then circle the area to catch eyes again. If you’re gonna send eye signals, you gotta follow through with the decision. Otherwise, you just look like you’re a weirdo. I guess we all are at cons, but still- FOLLOW THROUGH! A lot of these dudes have no clue when you’re interested, so playing those silly looking games is just confusing to both of you. Smile at a dude, hair flip, then get it, girl!

BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS

Keep it PG around the kids. I mean, come on, duh. Don’t be interrupting gameplay, either.

PARTY ALL NIGHT!

Go to the late night sessions. Then there aren’t really any kids. But there are DUDES! Dudes that are super geeks but are down to party. Love it!

STAY FED AND HYDRATED

No one likes you when you’re hangry. YOU don’t like anyone when you’re hangry. Plus you probably won’t be doing well at anything. So, don’t forget to eat/drink, fools. It’s super easy to forget, but don’t forget snack tyme, yo!

Let’s end it with a cliché: HAVE FUN! Seriously, girl, flirt all day and night if you want to, but make sure you’re always having a blast. Keep going back to cons and you can make lasting friendships with a lot of people. Plus, hello? GAMING CON! Gaming all night, all day!

Yaaaaassssss!
No need to have a hissy fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:

It was this blog entry. To be fair, there was nothing inherently wrong with it. It was just seriously out of place for the RSP audience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

It was this blog entry. To be fair, there was nothing inherently wrong with it. It was just seriously out of place for the RSP audience.

She probably should have added it to her previous thread where she asked about dating at Con's, since that thread seems like the precursor to her writing this "guide".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The internet is forever... a-ight? Ya feel me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vincent
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

Why do you think it was out of place?

If it were posted anywhere else on the site I suspect it would have been moved to RSP by now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
SabreRedleg wrote:
damiangerous wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

If it were posted anywhere else on the site I suspect it would have been moved to RSP by now.

Because it's aimed at an audience of young, single girls (and primarily a niche of those who would self-identify as 'boy-crazy'). The RSP audience is about as far from that as you can get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"...lady gamers want the D"

Lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
SabreRedleg wrote:
damiangerous wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

Because it's aimed at an audience of young, single girls (and primarily a niche of those who would self-identify as 'boy-crazy'). The RSP audience is about as far from that as you can get.

I don't know, if BJ isn't boy-crazy I don't know who is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
"...lady gamers want the D"

Lol

If I had a nickel for every time I've said this at game night...

Quote:
My celebration of my vag doesn’t mean you can discredit my gaming skills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
damiangerous wrote:
SabreRedleg wrote:
damiangerous wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

Yeah but he always seems hangry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There is no Dana, only Zuul
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
My celebration of my vag doesn’t mean you can discredit my gaming skills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There is no Dana, only Zuul
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
damiangerous wrote:
SabreRedleg wrote:
damiangerous wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

I'm pretty sure BJ AND you have mentioned being boy-crazy for Ben's pew pew skillz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

Oh I beg to differ... there was so MUCH inherently wrong with it... I am not even going to bother trying to list it all... Yo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
You all are coming off as being intolerant of different voices. Why don't you just ignore it and let the minority who it does appeal to dabble in "your" forum?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No one made her go away. If not endorsing a post that makes one's head explode (and not in the good way) is being intolerant then this should just be called the I forum and we can do away with the other initials.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Chad_Ellis wrote:
not endorsing

!= "shitting on"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.