Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is there any way to browse the games on the site sorted by their weight score?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
No nice way that I know of.

You can do an advanced search by a particular weight and then browse the results.

Example:

Advanced search -

Stick in your variables. (Note I've opted to only get results from games with 50 votes on weight, this is handy for more meaningful results)

=
Results sorted by rank.

There's also the odd Geeklist but they're often out of date:
Top 1000 games, sorted by weight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noreen
United States
flag msg tools
Fall in the Midwest
badge
Welcome to fall in the Midwest and a property with a lot of mature trees!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used this feature before, but never entered any number in the votes box. Does it really make that much of a difference to the results?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I was thinking about this very question and was glad to come across this thread. The question I have is "what is the sort order I see when I do this search?" I've never been able to figure this out. It's not sorted by any of the visible columns, but it is clearly not by weight either. If I do an advanced search on games ranked weight 1 to 5 with at least 250 votes and limited to games in my own collection, I get:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeksearch.php?action=search&advsea...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
esirof wrote:
...The question I have is "what is the sort order I see when I do this search?" I've never been able to figure this out. It's not sorted by any of the visible columns, but it is clearly not by weight either. If I do an advanced search on games ranked weight 1 to 5 with at least 250 votes and limited to games in my own collection, I get:

Big ol' link

Hey! I actually know the answer to this! It is sorted by "Number of Views" of the game page in question. You can find this information in the Statistics section of each game's page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.