Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Rake
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just recently got into this game and was blessed by another person on this site who sold me a bunch of VS cards at a unbelievable price. In case he reads this, Thanks again I am really enjoying the cards.

Anyway, I'm wanting to acquire some of the cards that I am missing and have been debating what's the best way to get them. Keep in mind that I have very little money to put into this for the foreseeable future so I'm trying to get the best bang for my buck.

Lets say out of a set of 220 cards I'm missing around 75 cards. I wouldn't mind getting any of the cards I don't have but out of those 75 there are a good 10 or 12 that I would really like to get. Six or seven of those cards are rare cards. The cost of buying those cards individually is close to the cost of buying a booster box.

Would it be wiser to try and buy the individual cards or buy the booster box?

Any idea how many rare cards come in one booster box?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If a large number of those cards are rare, you're likely better of buying singles if you can find them. There are 24 packs in a box, 1 rare per pack. You may get some bonus foils, but the foils aren't guaranteed to be any particular rarity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info! So there 24 rares per box then, correct? That gives me something to think about. I'm not really that concerned with foils. I'm not looking to flip cards or sell them. I'm trying to build a collection at this point.

I plan on keeping the cards I have forever and adding them to my game collection. I'll be playing with friends and family and just want to have a good amount of cards and a number of different decks to use when we play. I sort of cherish my gaming collection blush.

I mentioned that I just got into the game and received a bunch of cards from someone on this site to a guy I bumped into at a local gaming store last week. He said that he used to play it a lot about 7 years ago and had tons of cards. He said that he had around 3000 cards and built around 10 decks that he played. After the game died he sold or gave away the decks he built and threw away all of the rest of his cards because he didn't want to bother trying to sell them. I couldn't believe he just threw them in the trash cry.

If by chance anyone reading this has quit playing this game since it's no longer supported and has cards they no longer want and aren't willing to go through the effort of selling them, I beg of you please do not just throw them in the trash. PM me and if I can afford them, I promise I will give them a good home and they will be well taken care of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trakes wrote:
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Trade for them. http://www.tradecardsonline.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.