Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eduard Kornieiev
Ukraine
Zaporozhje
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules of the game were quite confusing for me:
1. If the event card has a guard icon and I stay on tile with security sign (no more of these in the game)- guard must appear next to me?
2. Where and when nests/posts appear?
3. Can I explore 2 tiles in one turn (if my speed stat 2)?
4. Can I hold bull rush and on 2 move explore new tile?
5. In the rulebook I see that "when i roll for any other reason, i can use skills or cards" (p.7). When I can not do this?
6. I don't understand how the weapon Gun work: after using I must pass a 3 Intelliggence challenge otherwise, if I fail, I must discard this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I'm just a potential buyer who lurks Level 7's page, so I don't know crap.

But, I'm curious if you are currently using the "revised" rules posted in the files section?

Thanks for the question though. I use such info to try and decide if I want the game or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduard Kornieiev
Ukraine
Zaporozhje
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the advice. In revised rules I saw "Bull Rush: for each additional tile containing enemies that you pass through the challenge rating increases by +2". Is that mean: on second tile whith enemy I must count the number of enemies +2 and +2?
And about Speed: is the Speed Stat mean 2 dice which I can roll to move (If a resault a foot on it) or only 2 tiles per turn? How to use bonus +speed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
Portugal
Pico de Regalados
Vila Verde
flag msg tools
publisher
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
edward76 wrote:
Rules of the game were quite confusing for me:
1. If the event card has a guard icon and I stay on tile with security sign (no more of these in the game)- guard must appear next to me?

You place a guard on the closes tile which can be the tile you're on.

edward76 wrote:
2. Where and when nests/posts appear?

Nests appear when indicated by a revealed event card and are placed usually on the tile you're on (also indicated by event card)

edward76 wrote:
3. Can I explore 2 tiles in one turn (if my speed stat 2)?

You can if the first tile you explore does not show an event icon. Your turn always ends when you have to draw an event card. I you have movement of 3 you could even explore 3 tiles as long as the first two don't show an event icon.

edward76 wrote:
4. Can I hold bull rush and on 2 move explore new tile?

This is correct. Bull tushing does not count as movement but as action. You can take one action either before, during or after you move.

edward76 wrote:
5. In the rulebook I see that "when i roll for any other reason, i can use skills or cards" (p.7). When I can not do this?

You can always use skills and cards, they bost your stats, that's their purpose. The only thing I can think of is to use certain cards after you have rolled for any challenge, like for example a card that would add 1 die to your roll of 2, so you roll 2 dice, don't like the result, bit now it's too late to use that card, you would not be allowed to now roll a third die. Other than that, you can use cards and skills pretty much any time.

edward76 wrote:
6. I don't understand how the weapon Gun work: after using I must pass a 3 Intelliggence challenge otherwise, if I fail, I must discard this?

That's correct. See, the idea is that the victims (the players) are not combat skilled. If they weild a gun, it is possible that they don't really know how to handle it properly and after firing a shot the recoil might cause it to jump off their hands. I thought this was quite clever. The characters are really week and want to escape, none of them are really combat efficient (although some skills may hint towards some training in different skille levels, whcih is something I quite lilke about this game).

I think this is all covered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
Portugal
Pico de Regalados
Vila Verde
flag msg tools
publisher
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
sabbat00 wrote:
Sorry, I'm just a potential buyer who lurks Level 7's page, so I don't know crap.

But, I'm curious if you are currently using the "revised" rules posted in the files section?

Thanks for the question though. I use such info to try and decide if I want the game or not.

I guess (as always) it depends on what you enjoy in games. This game is very theme (story)-driven, which is something I usually don't like. Now what I do like is the fact that players can or not play cooperatively. Players can use other players as decoys to get aliens and guards off their necks. So there is a certain strategy in how you place your piece in relation to other players' piece.

I find this to be a very interesting game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Pedro. That is good to know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pedrator wrote:
Bull tushing does not count as movement but as action. You can take one action either before, during or after you move.

Bullrushing does consume movement. As per the rulebook page 10 "The bull rush ends when you run out of movement".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Martins
msg tools
the clones or the soldiers cant open a sealed door?

if we have a war between clones and soldiers and a door locked between then, what happens?

this is a noob question but, when do i use the foot step icon in the dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lisa Miller
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marcolino79 wrote:
the clones or the soldiers cant open a sealed door?

if we have a war between clones and soldiers and a door locked between then, what happens?

this is a noob question but, when do i use the foot step icon in the dice?

Clones can't unlock doors, but they can travel through vents. Guards and hybrids can unlock doors, but doing so counts as a movement.

If the guards activate, I assume guard 1 could unlock the door and guards 2+ could move through it.

Some event cards require a speed challenge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.