Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Kitcat
United Kingdom
Malvern
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to figure out how the Observation Bunker works with the cliffs in this scenario, namely: is there any point using the grapnels to scale the cliffs on the seaward side of the bunker and the cliffs along the 3 squares that overlook the length of the beach?

Can an infantry unit engage the bunker from the cliff? It is adjacent, after all.

Also, can an infantry unit "stand" in or move along the gap between the cliff top and the bunker wall in the same way that it could walk through the gap between two adjacent buildings?

Hoping to assault said bunker tomorrow so any clarification would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's a faster way up to assault the bunker, which will be firing on your men on the beach. I think you'd want to take it out and you only have six turns. Faster is better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miah Terry
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot enter a bunker through the windows (D-Day Rules pg.2) therefore you cannot assault it on the sides facing the cliff.

You have to first maneuver behind it, and assault through the back door.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
miah999 wrote:
You cannot enter a bunker through the windows (D-Day Rules pg.2) therefore you cannot assault it on the sides facing the cliff.

You have to first maneuver behind it, and assault through the back door.

This is how I read the rules as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sacha cauvin
France
rouen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just played it, you have to get in through the back door, nevertheless i have sent a flamer up the cliffs with good results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kitcat
United Kingdom
Malvern
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for your responses. We played by the consensus & I attempted to access the Observation Bunker by running a grapnel up to the grass at the rear of the bunker & hitting the back door. Sadly by then he had another HMG42 in the sandbag emplacement & was Opportunity Firing the heck out of my poor engineers who survived the barrage of hand grenades & the other two HMG42's to make it to the back door.

Sacha makes me realise where I went wrong. I thought, "How did your Flamer survive long enough to fire his weapon considering the grapnels don't allow moving fire". Then I remembered that I had completely forgotten to use my 'Heroic' ability markers for that double action - climb & then fire. Sheesh! Too much to think about for our first full game. Maybe next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played this one with my son, and lost.

I used the grapnels just behind the bunker tactic.
My big mistake was having 2 flamers getting killed just after the grapnels.
When you have 2 big fires just up the cliff, it becomes hard to climb.

I had 3 opportunities to assault the unit in the bunker's door, but the +4 defense from the bunker made it useless.

It all ended with german's grilling sausages on the flamers tank's fires.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.