United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Players: Grim, Al, Lou and Tim
Playing Time: 30 minutes (2 plays)

Before the evening drew to a close, I insisted we play diamant, since it was so quick and simple.

Explaining the rules took all of 5 minutes, and would've been even quicker if we hadn't had to spend a while talking Tim into returning the diamonds his 'miner' was making off with during the explanations.

Everyone soon got the hang of the game, though Al definitely seemed to be the more daring and prosperous miner, as he won with 27 gems to Tim's 12, my 11 and Lou's 6... This was an incredibly low scoring game, and it was only in the last mine that Al earned enough to take the lead!

We had time for a second game.. This time I took an early lead with a large haul in the first mine, though this only meant that the others were always trying to outdo me.

In the end I dropped in to third place, with Al winning again on 57 points, Lou was second with 45 points, I came in third with 41 points and Tim was fourth with 37 points.

In this game we actually ran out of diamonds and had to start using glass beads (ones that I normally 'reserve' for using as life tokens in M:TG)

Diamant is an extremely luck driven game, which is loads of fun, but not necessarily for those who want a strategic game with lots of predictability. I was completely unsurprised to find that it was co-designed by Bruno Faidutti... the king of chaos. Diamant plays up to 8 players and it is a light and fun game, which would be great as a filler or as a gateway game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.