Commands & Colors: Napoleonics» Forums » General

Subject: Expansion Storage in Original Boxes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I know there are some threads on storage, I have a specific expansion. For those who have NOT elected to switch to a completely third party storage box, but still use the original game boxes, how do you organize the various expansions? Do you keep all the pieces and terrain with the expansion it came with, do you put all the French and terrain in one box, and the Brits with someone else. Or is there some third (or fourth or fifth) option?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep the components in each of their boxes. The French, British, and Portugese in the base box. The Spanish in the Spanish expansion box, and so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep all the French in the original box along with the board, cards, terrain.

The British, Portuguese & Spanish in the Spanish box
The Russians in the Russian box
The Austrians in the Austrian box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Davis
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The board, the rule book, the scenario books, the square boards, the sticker sheets, & the terrain blanks in the Main Box...

The terrain, the dice, the victory banners, the square counters, & the French in the Spanish Box...

The deck, the spare blocks, the British, & the Russians in the Russian Box...

& the Austrians, the Spanish, & the Portuguese in the Austrian Box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Smith
United States
Capitola
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Minedog3 wrote:
I keep all the French in the original box along with the board, cards, terrain.

The British, Portuguese & Spanish in the Spanish box
The Russians in the Russian box
The Austrians in the Austrian box

Same here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom Brennan
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I store the Spanish, Russians, and Austrians in their original boxes. The troops are sorted out into zip-lock bags. The main game components and the French are stored in base game box. I keep the British and Portuguese in an aftermarket box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you only have one expansion, then you don't have the options that those of us who have them all can do. I usually keep all the stuff needed to play the most recent expansion in one box, and the other stuff spread out more or less in their own boxes.

I consolidate all like components (in anticipation of Epic play): all terrain is in the same bag, all dice (including the extra set I purchased) together, etc.

Armies are bagged by unit type in each army's own larger bag: Infantry, Cavalry, Artillery and Leaders (with victory banners and special markers such as Square, Guerillas, etc.). For the French, I have separate bags for Line and non-Line Infantry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.