Really slow painter...
badge
Gryphus Graecus
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Board Games,
2. Role Playing Games,
3. Video Games. and
4. BGG.con

The four major tabs of the website covering the major aspects of our gaming entertainment (and the convention for), all of them connected in this website as they are in the mind of the Geek Gamer.

As a long time role-player, wargamer, boardgamer and videogamer, I am in paradise in here, as, I presume, most of other members...
The immense opportunity to live in the gaming world in the digital era, to get the news, to discuss with wonderful people that live on the other side of the globe, to feel that you participate in the creation of the games you love!
Really priceless!

And all these because some people ~ the Admins! ~ have dedicated a part or more of their lives to make ours better.
For this gift to us, I feel grateful.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Yet, as the small arrogant griffin that I am, I do feel something is indeed missing...
A part of our gaming hobby that it is not only as close as Board-, RolePlay- or Video- Games but also in fact the missing connecting link between them:

Miniatures and Modeling,
as the creative ability to realise imaginary worlds,
what the core of our gaming trully is.

Miniatures are found in Board Games, are used in Wargames and RolePlaying Games and are inspired by many Video Games.
Miniatures have been there from the begining!
These little fellows were there, in the very first Wargame in the late 19th century

and of course, in the first Boardgames many centuries before...

Why, really, are they missing here?

I do understand that not all of us like miniatures or modeling as not all of us like certain aspects of the hobby.
But I do think and strongly suggest that miniatures are found in the very core of our geek gaming hobby and deserve their own special dedicated tab, equal to Board-, RolePlay- and Video- Games.
There are many among us ~ myself included ~ that would support this idea with knowledge, information, images, reviews, and would work hard to make BGG a complete Geek Gaming Experience.

I am kindly asking you to think about this suggestion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
See:
Miniature Painters Guild -- 714 members
Miniature Wargaming Guild -- 114 members

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gryps
Greece
flag msg tools
Really slow painter...
badge
Gryphus Graecus
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your interest, I am already a member.
I was talking in fact for the creation of a miniatures image database, similiar to the boardgames one.
Imagine all miniatures from all companies ever released?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
*shudder* And GDW would probably have a hissy-fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.