Conquest of Speros» Forums » Rules

Subject: Capturing cards out of turn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Hofland
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
We played the first 3 player game for the latest PnP version last night and had a blast getting acquainted with the mechanics and terminology.

It happened a few times in which ‘manipulating’ units lead to the capture of location cards ‘out of turn’. Not sure this was tactically the right thing to do but what happens in that case? Is the card moved to the captured locations space of the winning player instantly of do you wait until it is that players turn before moving the card to the captured locations area.

As an example I’m green, it’s my turn, and I ‘manipulate’ a red unit onto a 4 space location card that already has 2 blue and 1 red unit on it. By moving the 4th , in this case red, unit the red player captures the locations card. Would the card immediately go into the red players captured locations area even though it is the green players turn? … It might be a handy way to ‘steal’ indirectly a point from the blue player if green perceives that the blue player is in the lead and red is trailing behind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
Jotun wrote:
We played the first 3 player game for the latest PnP version last night and had a blast getting acquainted with the mechanics and terminology.

It happened a few times in which ‘manipulating’ units lead to the capture of location cards ‘out of turn’. Not sure this was tactically the right thing to do but what happens in that case? Is the card moved to the captured locations space of the winning player instantly of do you wait until it is that players turn before moving the card to the captured locations area.

As an example I’m green, it’s my turn, and I ‘manipulate’ a red unit onto a 4 space location card that already has 2 blue and 1 red unit on it. By moving the 4th , in this case red, unit the red player captures the locations card. Would the card immediately go into the red players captured locations area even though it is the green players turn? … It might be a handy way to ‘steal’ indirectly a point from the blue player if green perceives that the blue player is in the lead and red is trailing behind.

Hi Peter,

When the last encampment on a card is filled, that location card is claimed by the player who has majority (or who wins according to the rule of ties).

It does not have to be a player's turn in order for that player to claim the location tile. If through manipulation of units another player wishes to fill a location card which will give that card to another player they may do so, though I suspect this is often not an ideal strategy.

That being said, it might be a good way to draw some negative attention toward the player who just got the "free" point. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hofland
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Ha, ha.

Agree that it is probably very situational.

I can imagine (haven't experienced it in game yet) that by such a move you allow a player to capture an artifact. As result some other players units become undeployed so not worth points. Interesting as a final turn move to play it if you suspect the other player to be in the lead.

The way I understand it you are moving someone else his minion so it doesn't trigger the artifact.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Horneber
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
Y U NO PLAY BIBLIOS??
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karmic_devil wrote:
If through manipulation of units another player wishes to fill a location card which will give that card to another player they may do so, though I suspect this is often not an ideal strategy.

You must not be playing with couples often.

Thanks for clarifying this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.