Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: D&D Dice masters pre-orders up at CSI rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to let everyone know that pre-order items for D&D Dice Masters are now up at CSI. They are:

$62.99 for Gravity display (90 packs)
$13.99 for starter set
$0.79 per booster pack

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_search.php?pa=searchOnName&... (this should work..?)

Estimated release Nov. 19, 2014.

Already ordered a gravity feed and 3 starters (to make free shipping ha ha).
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So what is this? Some lame off-shoot of the over-rated Marvel Dice Masters game, I'll assume? Meh.

Edit - Nice of you to post this though, for those interested in it, at least.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
So what is this? Some lame off-shoot of the over-rated Marvel Dice Masters game, I'll assume? Meh.

Edit - Nice of you to post this though, for those interested in it, at least.


It was announced from the beginning that Dice Masters would span multiple franchises. This is a "lame offshoot" in the sense that it's exactly what was promised from day one.

I wonder, have you played it? Or are you just hating on it because it got too popular for your hipster cred?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When are people going to stop paying for mindless re-themes of past games. Just buy Quarriors, it's cheaper.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
When are people going to stop paying for mindless re-themes of past games. Just buy Quarriors, it's cheaper.


This game is most certainly NOT Quarriors. I'm actually not the hugest fan of Dice Masters, but the only thing more ridiculous than the gushing praise this game has gotten is the gushing hatred. It's a solid game with a very different feel from Quarriors, and for people who are into the CCG aspect it scratches the itch without being Magic-expensive. I find it absurd that so many people are so fast to trash this game when they have clearly never played it. Where you say "mindless re-themes", I say "the exact same thing every CCG ever has done - continual expansions."
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Avatar
Strange and ignorant hipster hatred aside: So can I make the Hulk battle a Tarrasque?!? Can Xavier take on a Mind Flayer? Could the Blob hold his own against a Gelatinous Cube!?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eviljelloman wrote:
wytefang wrote:
So what is this? Some lame off-shoot of the over-rated Marvel Dice Masters game, I'll assume? Meh.

Edit - Nice of you to post this though, for those interested in it, at least.


It was announced from the beginning that Dice Masters would span multiple franchises. This is a "lame offshoot" in the sense that it's exactly what was promised from day one.

I wonder, have you played it? Or are you just hating on it because it got too popular for your hipster cred?


Do you always get this crabby about someone ripping a game you like? Yikes! soblue

Yes, I've played Marvel Dice Masters - thought I'd like it, realized it wasn't much better than Quarriors was.

And just so you can be better informed next time, I'm the single farthest thing from a Hipster you'll ever meet, Junior.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:

Do you always get this crabby about someone ripping a game you like? Yikes! soblue



It's not even a game I love all that much - I just find the unjustified negativity and constant hate on things just for being popular to be off putting.

Somebody is excited for a new game, so much so that he wanted to share that preorders are available, and people can't wait to jump in and put him down for enjoying something that they don't.
7 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, Quarriors is slightly underrated. A skilled player wins 75% of the time (me). Due to having Legendary, I wasn't interested in the Marvel retheme. However, the D&D retheme interestes me over the slightly whimsical theme of Quarriors.

Jorune
1 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Barrett
United States
Warren
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:
Strange and ignorant hipster hatred aside: So can I make the Hulk battle a Tarrasque?!? Can Xavier take on a Mind Flayer? Could the Blob hold his own against a Gelatinous Cube!?


From what I have heard, you can play one system vs another but you cannot mix them together to form your "team".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eviljelloman wrote:
wytefang wrote:

Do you always get this crabby about someone ripping a game you like? Yikes! soblue



It's not even a game I love all that much - I just find the unjustified negativity and constant hate on things just for being popular to be off putting.

Somebody is excited for a new game, so much so that he wanted to share that preorders are available, and people can't wait to jump in and put him down for enjoying something that they don't.


A few thoughts here:

1. People (not I, necessarily) have written negative things about the game in reviews that they have supported with what I believe are fairly valid reasons and facts - I wouldn't call that "unjustified." Claiming that negative remarks about the game or this possible new version/theme are all unjustified seems a bit reactionary, to me. Of course there are also plenty of positive reviews out there (I don't necessarily agree with them but they're out there.)

2. I see nowhere, AT ALL, where the OP was put down by me, at least. Please feel free to re-read my original response where I do slam on the original game while still thanking him for being nice enough to post the info here. Thanks, I'll wait.



2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Crawford
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
So what is this? Some lame off-shoot of the over-rated Marvel Dice Masters game, I'll assume? Meh.

Edit - Nice of you to post this though, for those interested in it, at least.


I really just don't understand why you would feel the need to click on a link about a game you aren't interested in, then leave a nasty comment about how the game is "lame" and "overrated". What did you get out of that?

I do not like extremely dry eurogames, but I have never felt the need to click on any link about them and express my distaste. I just cannot relate or comprehend what motivates people to do this, yet I see it all over this site (and so many more).

Seriously, I don't mean to argue or attack anyone, but your original comment was not criticism in any way. It was rude and snarky, and your edit afterwards thanking the OP for posting did not excuse your comment.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.