Subject: Help with Anarch deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodrigo Oliveira
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
I'm playing A:NR for a few months, with people who, mostly, began to play around the same time I did, but I'm loosing more than half the time, so I decide to redo from scratch my decks, beginning with the runner.

My main idea with this deck is to run consistently in R&D, using Medium to dig through it fast, and using the other virus mainly to help this strategy, and maybe find something usefull in Archives from time to time. I only have 1 Core, the Genesis cycle, and Second Toughts, but could borrow some other cards from a friend (but don't want to make most of my deck from borrowed cards).

A New Hope

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core Set)

Event (14)
2x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
2x Retrieval Run (Future Proof)
2x Stimhack (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Surge (Humanity's Shadow)
3x Test Run (Cyber Exodus) ••••• ••••

Hardware (9)
3x Cyberfeeder (Core Set)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
2x Spinal Modem (What Lies Ahead)
2x The Personal Touch (Core Set) ••••

Resource (6)
1x Aesop's Pawnshop (Core Set) ••
1x Ice Carver (Core Set)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow)
2x Wyldside (Core Set)

Icebreaker (5)
1x Corroder (Core Set)
2x Crypsis (Core Set)
1x Mimic (Core Set)
1x Yog.0 (Core Set)

Program (12)
2x Datasucker (Core Set)
2x Disrupter (A Study in Static)
2x Djinn (Core Set)
2x Medium (Core Set)
1x Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus)
3x Parasite (Core Set)

15 influence spent (max 15)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Future Proof

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beyer
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
more.
badge
Well deckbuilding 101 goes like this: can you defend the existence of every card in your deck?

Can you substitute any card in your deck for something else? Why? Why not?
Is the entire deck working towards the same strategy?
What is the main weak point of your deck?
What is your Mulligan strategy?
How many times have you tested it?

For instance: Why have you included stimhack? What is it meant to do?

Have you included disruptor to mitigate your console? Why have you included that console to begin with if it's a liability that you need to build around?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bowden
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I'm new to the game myself so take what I have to say with a pinch of salt but I personally would swap out the retrieval runs, stimhacks, and disruptors for imps and either spare icebreakers or more econ. You could possibly include a one-of magnum opus with djinn and the test runs however the memory limits are probably too tight - you could test it out though.

You have already spent influence on test run so that makes retrieval run less important IMO and I'd sooner take imp over the stimhacks and disruptors, especially with Noise, surge and aesops to support it.
I also personally think one of each breaker is too risky, you want to find these cards quickly and not spend ages digging for them so I'd go with 2 of each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Oliveira
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
Stunke wrote:
Well deckbuilding 101 goes like this: can you defend the existence of every card in your deck?

Can you substitute any card in your deck for something else? Why? Why not?
Is the entire deck working towards the same strategy?
What is the main weak point of your deck?
What is your Mulligan strategy?
How many times have you tested it?

For instance: Why have you included stimhack? What is it meant to do?

Have you included disruptor to mitigate your console? Why have you included that console to begin with if it's a liability that you need to build around?

I still have not tested the deck, just put it together right now. The thing I think I need most in my hand is Djinn or Test Run and some economy, so that would be my mulligan strategy.

Stimhack is a card I really like and has won some games in the past (in a final glorious run), I really am not using it very often these days, and maybe I should put it off the deck, but I don't think it will be easy for me.

And you're right about the console, I should go back to Grimoire, the only problem is I only have one copy of that.

DGB246 wrote:
I'm new to the game myself so take what I have to say with a pinch of salt but I personally would swap out the retrieval runs, stimhacks, and disruptors for imps and either spare icebreakers or more econ. You could possibly include a one-of magnum opus with djinn and the test runs however the memory limits are probably too tight - you could test it out though.

You have already spent influence on test run so that makes retrieval run less important IMO and I'd sooner take imp over the stimhacks and disruptors, especially with Noise, surge and aesops to support it.
I also personally think one of each breaker is too risky, you want to find these cards quickly and not spend ages digging for them so I'd go with 2 of each.

The ignoring all costs of retrieval run is the part that most appeals to me, as it can install a Yog.0 or Crypsis cheaper if archives isn't protected. The big downside of MO is, more influence, and another thing to Test Run for. I had taken Imp off because of the size of the deck, and he is probably the first thing to come back if something goes off (and it's very probable that the disruptor goes off with the console change).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Oliveira
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
I forgot to thank you both for your tips, and already made some changes based on what you made me think.

-2 Spinal Modem
-2 Disrupter
+1 Grimoire
+2 Imp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hager
United States
Leesburg
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Godspeed, Noisebrother.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zak Jarvis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you wanted to use 'Spinal Modem', and seeing as you have 'Wyldside' already and it doesn't look like you particularly plan to get tagged, would it make sense to swap the copies of 'Disrupter' for 'Public Sympathy'?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lundgren
Sweden
flag msg tools
With 3x Test Run, i would try to include some strong out-of-faction program like Sneakdoor beta. Surprise Sneakdoors win games. You can Test run it and run HQ 3 times. This strategy might not be equally good in Noise though, since you already have archives pressure and archives probably will be ICEd up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
-2x, Disrupter
+3x, Armitage Codebusting
-1x, Cyberfeeder

I think your biggest deal is economy, and maybe you want to bring in a grimoire, even if you only have one... tough though with the packs you have, the deck seems close to what it should be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United Kingdom
Battersea
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you have test run and retrival run I suggest looking at Femme and Morning Star. Both are seriously good at getting into expensive servers and you can cheat them into play with your events.

A general tip on playing Anarch - don't get too fixated on one game plan. Be flexible on your targets so they have to defend everywhere.

Welcome...brother ninja.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.