Subject: How far can you go? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maciek U
United States
Cromwell
Connecticut
flag msg tools
So I've played this a number of times now, but it seems every time differently.

I'm unclear about how many actions you can do. Example:

If I'm last, it's my turn. Do I:

- Perform each action singularly until I pass the next guy before me, then stop??

- Or, do I do as many actions as I want, passing the guy before me and possibly any others and stop only at my will?

In the rules, there's an example, that you perform an action, end up on top of the guy before you, then it says you have another turn. So, just ONE?? Or as many as you wish, then you stop and wait to be last again?

A few pages later it gives an example of movement through land and water, so obviously you make as many movements as you can. But is that assuming that you CAN, because you're still LAST and haven't passed anyone yet or is that assuming, that you CAN, because you just make as many actions as you want?

I've played both ways now and the game is fine either way, but which is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
I don't even understand how there can be a misunderstanding here... but oh well. The active player is the player who is furthest behind on the time track. If there is a tie, the player who is on top of the stack of time track discs becomes the active player.

The active player then carries out one action: either he expands by moving an existing disc across the board or bringing a new one into the game and moving that; or he builds a development. If he choses expansion, he may let his disc go as far as he wants, ending either in an empty area (in which case nothing happens) or in an occupied area (in which case he must conquer it which will always succeed). The time cost for this single move is calculated and added to his time track disc. The same thing happens for development. His turn is now over.

Next, the players establish who is now last in line on the time track. That player, who could be the player who was active previously, becomes the next active player, and is given the choice of the above two actions. And so it goes until everyone has passed the final Zeus space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciek U
United States
Cromwell
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Aaaaa, I see the confusion now, that you didn't.

We were always performing a player's turn by doing expansion AND development building together. So active player was making a move such as making movement, getting tiles, sometimes multiple and moved along the time track something like 28 points!!

So the distinction is, perform expansion OR development tile, not both. Didn't catch that. Thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
greengow wrote:
So the distinction is, perform expansion OR development tile, not both.

Yes, and only one of whichever you choose.

That is, if you choose expansion, you may only move one disc in that turn. If you choose development, you may only buy one tile in that turn. Then your turn is over, and you move along the time track. Then whoever is last on the time track (which could be you again) takes a turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.