Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gonçalo Cunha Neves
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I was thinking about pledging.

Everything looks very cool in the images and in the videos from Tom Vasel and rodney Smith.~

I have only one issue.

The game board is a poster?!

Is it a simple sheet of paper? It didn´t look that thin on the videos.

I was hoping for cardborad or the something like the playmats (rubber).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Ramos
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was thinking of pledging too. I didn't realize it was a poster too till you mentioned it. Uhh... might be a deal breaker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes the game board is a paper poster, but thats not the full story. By backing the project, all backers will be getting an add-on that is supposed to retail for around $15 (on top of stretches). This packages has (I think) 4 folding land boards (actual boards I believe) as well as a rubber game mat. This retail addon is FREE to KS and replaces any need for the paper board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok....so there is this giant poster board that contains 4 areas called side boards where troops and enemies line up and fight. In the middle of the poster board is an organizational area where the decks and other cards are located for deck-building purposes, etc. This giant poster board is like 40"x40".

As was said, the KS comes with real, genuine, cardboard side boards! This accounts for the side boards drawn on the poster board. The game also comes with a genuine, synthetic, play mat that accounts for the center area drawn on the poster board. This will now allow you to play 2-3 player games without spreading out a giant 40"x40" poster. You can simply use however many side boards you need and the fancy schmancy play mat in the middle.

Long story short? You don't need to use the poster board to play, and you will probably choose not to use it because the modular configuration makes more sense....IMO.

Too much is being made of this poster thing. Hang it on your wall if you need value from it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Turner
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. After watching the play session between Rodney, Tom, and Steve, I have to say the poster seems to be quite a bit larger than necessary. There is a lot of unused space on it. This is assuming that the one in the video is the same size as the one in the box.

The playmat and 4 side boards included in the kickstarter should reduce the real estate required to play by quite a bit. I don't feel the lack of a board is an issue in this case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
aReclusiveMind wrote:
I agree. After watching the play session between Rodney, Tom, and Steve, I have to say the poster seems to be quite a bit larger than necessary. There is a lot of unused space on it. This is assuming that the one in the video is the same size as the one in the box.

The playmat and 4 side boards included in the kickstarter should reduce the real estate required to play by quite a bit. I don't feel the lack of a board is an issue in this case.

It was a little harder sitting at a circular table too, as that just put us farther from the board.

I'm looking forward to getting this with the modular board set up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mb
Very much enjoyed your CMON expo gameplay vid. You guys cracked me up the entire time! Can't wait to play this with my buddies.

Quick question though, did you ever feel like the troop variety was limited? I like how there are what looks like 25 different items/upgrades that get cycled, but are there really only 7 troop types available for any game?

Seems like it would feel limiting and without a lot of variety...

And it felt like you guys were running into the same 7-8 monsters each wave. Do you feel like the game could use more unique monsters?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.