Andre
Germany
41472 Neuss
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there!

A boat that is currently in repair box 3 and is being repaired and moved to box 2, can I roll again to move it even further?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Statham
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
Acenoid wrote:
Hi there!

A boat that is currently in repair box 3 and is being repaired and moved to box 2, can I roll again to move it even further?

Good question, the Section 10 rules are silent on this.

The way I have been playing it (only been playing for a few weeks), is that each Submarine in a Repair (or Ready) Box only gets one roll per week. Otherwise, it is conceivably possible for a Submarine to go from Repair 3 to Ready for Sea; which, does not seem historically accurate / correlate with the chronology/events of the U-boat War.

My thinking: A Submarine in Repair 3 is just one step away from being a Total Constructive Loss (not economic to repair), so it is pretty bad shape. Even if the shipyard put every available worker on the project, it is hard to image a boat going from that sorry state to crewed, provisioned, armed, trail runs complete, and secured for sea in 7 days.

The Commentary in Section 9.0 (although not rules) seems to further support the multiple weeks are required approach.

-- SSTK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
Germany
41472 Neuss
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'll keep it as 1 box per turn, as recommended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brien Miller
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1 roll per week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.