Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Tsuk
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got one of HCD Supplies - Playmat: Space Battles and everything about it is great except that it measures only 35 3/8" by 35 3/4". Fine for casual play, but I'd never use it for OP or OP practice.

Is that darned grip mat ever going to ship?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few of our players bought them. I didn't like the material. It just seemed like really thin, cheap vinyl printing. I was expecting it to be the equivalent (perhaps thinner) of a MTG-type playmat with a different surface and some thickness/grip to the backing.

I'll just stick with my piece of felt for now. I actually like it better for playability, although it isn't as pretty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tsuk
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The one I have sounds more like what you are describing. The surface is a bit slicker than I would be ideal, but better than any of the vinyl mats I've seen.

My piece of felt from JoAnn Fabric is still my favorite as well. The edges aren't quite exactly straight but otherwise its great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still love my felt mats fabric-tacked to those trifold presentation boards. I know your pain, I've been waiting on gripmats too...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tsuk
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well both MM and HCD supplies responded admirably. The mats shrank during production. New ones will likely be closer to the correct size but still might be 1/8" too small.

MM ended up giving me a partial refund since it's not quite as advertised. I'm back to being a happy MM customer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.