Hide
6 Posts

7 Wonders» Forums » General

Subject: 7 Wonders for Android rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Feldman
msg tools
I am the author of the Android game. I've been working on it on and off for a while. Here is the status report.

1. I have both Leaders and Cities extensions integrated.

2. Hot-seat and Bluetooth multiplayer have been implemented. One device works as a "server" and can service any combination of human players, computer players, and network (BT) players. Other devices connect to it via BT.

3. Following a request of one of the few people who bought the game in the 2 days it was available, I made better use of the screen "real estate" when playing on a tablet.

4. My good friend is in the top 5 on BSW. He says that the AI player is above a median BSW player, but quite easy for him to beat. That's without extensions. With extensions, he usually loses.

5. I started working on the "4 extra wonders" extension, but got sidetracked. If there is interest from Repos, I can resume this, and will probably have it in about 3 months.

Which brings us to...
6. Although originally Repos showed a lot of interest (they even called me, and we talked at length), right now they are incommunicado. I would be open to any reasonable arrangement; I really want the game to see the light of day.

So, if the game fan community has any ideas how to get the publisher on board, I am begging you to give it a try. If anyone knows Antoine and/or someone higher up at Repos, can you ask them? Maybe if there is enough noise in the community, they'll listen?...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Barker
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot give you any advice, but I just wanted to pop you a message to say thanks. I have your version 1 of 7 wonders on my tablet right now, and I think it is an excellent adaptation, especially for a version 1.thanks for the work you put into it. It is indeed a shame that it got pulled, but I wish you luck with getting it out to market!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, good luck! This is the first I'm hearing of it, and I'm pretty bummed I didn't get it while it was out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaos
Australia
Geelong
VIC
flag msg tools
Is this still for sale on the app store? Or is there anywhere else to buy the APK? I would love to play this game on my tablet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Feldman
msg tools
It was on sale for about 3 days until I got a request from Antoine to take it off. I was hoping to make some sort of an arrangement with Repos, but that fell apart. So -- no, it's not available anywhere, but I keep developing it just to stake off boredom. So far, I'm done with Abu Simbel, and working on The Great Wall of China.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley
United States
Ball
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wish I'd seen it because I certainly would have picked it up. Oh well, hopefully something comes of it eventually1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.