Popular Tags: [View All]
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
For my sanity, I'd like popular opinion on this one.

Storm - Ro: After blockers are assigned, reroll all characters engaged with Storm. Place each such die that does not show a character in your opponent's prep area.

Opponent has invulnerability active but a die that is rerolled into energy is not a character, and no KO ever happened so invulnerability doesn't do jack.

Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Skinner
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Being rerolled to energy is not the same as being KO'd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Favazza
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Invulnerability doesn't do jack in that case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Pearce
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think of it as getting in an bullet proof car only for a tornado to hit.
Also with Storm rolling your dice there is a chance for an upgraded character as you might have a level one but Storm rolls you a level 3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gingerob wrote:
Also with Storm rolling your dice there is a chance for an upgraded character as you might have a level one but Storm rolls you a level 3

That's never happened to me. What happens is my defenders disappear. Poof.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Vargas
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Invulnerability cannot be used when you defend. It only affects the attackers' characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
VargasTheWise wrote:
Invulnerability cannot be used when you defend. It only affects the attackers' characters.

Opponent attacked, Storm blocked. Storm's power works off of being engaged, so it doesn't matter if she's the attacker or defender. At least that's how I read it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
VargasTheWise wrote:

Opponent attacked, Storm blocked. Storm's power works off of being engaged, so it doesn't matter if she's the attacker or defender. At least that's how I read it.

Yes, but the card says "Your attacking characters that are knocked out (this turn) return to the field."

You can't use it as a Defender

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ICE 0ne
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scomatt9 wrote:
stevelabny wrote:
VargasTheWise wrote:

Yes, but the card says "Your attacking characters that are knocked out (this turn) return to the field."

He wasn't.

stevelabny wrote:

Opponent has invulnerability active but a die that is rerolled into energy is not a character, and no KO ever happened so invulnerability doesn't do jack.

Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ICE 0ne wrote:
scomatt9 wrote:
stevelabny wrote:
VargasTheWise wrote:

He wasn't.

stevelabny wrote:

Right?

Sorry, for some reason I started to completely misinterpret the question about halfway through the thread. Either way, the point is that no where does Storm's card say that the characters are KOed, therefore, Invulnerability doesn't have any effect (like everyone else has been saying). Sorry for the confusion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.