Recommend
13 
 Thumb up
 Hide
51 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » The Village Square

Subject: Wolf of the Week #201: Meet Oloughma! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This week's Wolf of the Week is someone who has played more games than I have and is rated 199 here (better than me!) I give you Oloughma- all the way from Canada. We've played three games together- Dr Horrible the legendary and underrated game among them. I think our time zones are against us.


Werewolfers, I give you Oloughma!

Quote:

I'm not particularly good at this game, especially evil. I'm the worst wolf and just had my very first win as evil in a fiver so I'm not sure what I'm doing here. Nevertheless....

1959.. The Empress of France docks in Montreal with my mother, my two older brothers and me on board. Mom had to carry me around for the journey from Ireland since I would not walk on deck once we were at sea and the ground moved beneath my feet. I guess I've always liked to feel in control, at least of my own personal environs, at all times.

Werewolf doesn't quite fit with that, does it? But I do enjoy playing. A few years ago, for the first time since childhood games of Monopoly and Clue, I took an interest in board games. That's when I found out about Werewolf. I've only ever got to play a couple of face to face games, which is a shame. I'd like to do more of those!

Board game meet ups have been a nice way to get out and socialize and that's the same thing I like about online WW. It's been great meeting so many nice people. This is a great online community. I missed playing when that pain issue hit me a couple of months ago but that's much better now. So I'm back! Back to screw up wolfie plans everywhere .. and that applies whether I'm good or evil. Be forewarned if you get stuck with me as an evil team mate. I am a liability! Bus me! Bus me with no mercy! It's our only chance!

Nice to play with you all again and let me just end with this statement:

"You tolerate me! You really tolerate me!"

( Has that been done before?)



Poll
Which of these is an evil lie?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
I once caught a live groundhog (that's a woodchuck to some) in my basement.
8.3% 1
Shirley MacLaine (the famous one) once congratulated me.
16.7% 2
I've done the Edgewalk on the CN Tower in Toronto.
75.0% 9
Voters 12
This poll is now closed.   12 answers
Poll created by SamNzed
Closes: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:00 am


So ask some cool questions- cos I can't ever read her answers.....
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And I'm going to start by asking...

why werewolf? what on earth brings you here?
who do you enjoy playing with most?
what size games do you prefer?
themes? Yes/no? favourites? Doesn't matter?
tell us the game you enjoyed the most.

enjoy


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Oloughma!

What is the origin of your username?

What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Favorite alcoholic drink?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a quiet free spirit with a mysterious past
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats!



8 
 Thumb up
0.06
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a quiet free spirit with a mysterious past
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is your username Oloughma?

Favorite color?

Favorite game besides WW?

Would you rather be a Seer or a Villager?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
on-x
United States
not quite canada
flag msg tools
Did I fall asleep?
badge
Shall I go now?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oloughma wrote:
I certainly never expected to be named WoW so thank you Sam for the nomination!

I sort of answered question 1 in my intro. I set up a BGG account when I got interested in board games but I didn't know about the PBF forums here. I was playing games on Yucata when Hal2000 decided to arrange a ww game in the forums there and another user gave the information about playing here. That was when I came to play here. I never did try it on Yucata, the arrangement here seemed much better. I just enjoy the social aspect of games.

Who? That's a tough question. There are a lot of people I enjoy playing with. Nolemon, Vanders, irwin and Nessus, Rhand, Irina, Nick ... It's kind of a bad question because I like them all and I know there are others I'm going to be missing in that list (sorry soblue)... Like you Sam! But yes, we haven't played too many yet.

I don't think I have enough experience of many different sized games to say. I've mostly played 11's I guess. Fivers are too frantic. I prefer a niner for a fast game but I haven't played many of those either. I'd like to try another of the multiple village games sometime. I tried 2000 but I didn't enjoy that particular experience. I expect to have a better time at Massacre in the Village late this year.

I've tried a few themed games. The one I enjoyed the most was Linguist's Syndicated "Whose Werewolf is it..."
Syndicated "Whose Werewolf Is It Anyway?" - A P11 where the points don't matter!
I probably would have enjoyed the first Cartoon game by Crimson more if I had lived past D1. I was having a blast posting as Foghorn Leghorn.
Thaturday Morning Cartoonth I - That'th all folkth!
I couldn't get in on the second run at the time it started, unfortunately.

The one game I enjoyed the most ... Another tough question.
Aside from the Whose Werewolf game I quoted above, for just a straight werewolf game I think Random Roleset 7 was one of my fave's. I was just a vanillager and I managed to live and we won. I also got in a great last second vote to take out evil Benti.
Random Role Set 7 - In Progress - 9 PM lynch time

Speaking of RR games, where are they? I haven't seen one up from Ranger since I came back. Those one's are always interesting. Another interesting twist on a game I enjoyed was the Foreshadowing game. Remember that one, irwin?!

Edit: Fixed the thread links. Thanks Ron.
...What?! No, no, I can't say as I recall that particular game. I think maybe I was the seer and you let me die because you were a wolf.
I love when you snipe-kill benti. It's always a hoot. You should do it some more.
FYP. Hey, I don't capitalize yours, don't capitalize mine!

So, are Nessus and I a single person, or do you only enjoy playing with both of us together (and not with just one of us)?

Thanks for coming back, btw. As I mentioned, I was missing you. And feeling bad for you.
My back can be a bitch too. I wish you all the best on that front. (hehe, see what I did there?!)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
on-x
United States
not quite canada
flag msg tools
Did I fall asleep?
badge
Shall I go now?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oloughma wrote:
maytheodds wrote:
Why is your username Oloughma?

Favorite color?

Favorite game besides WW?

Would you rather be a Seer or a Villager?


Thanks May! Good playing with you these last couple of games.

LOL Nine votes, yes, but you're including Mir's big bus vote on you so eight really. This is not always my outcome in claim wars.

Username was answered above in more detail but it's the first 6 letters of my last name and the first 2 of my first name.

Colour (Canadian spelling, you know) Tough... kind of depends on my mood. I wear a lot of burgundy reds, purple and black, but not at the same time. Probably purple if I had to choose. I often play with green but it doesn't bother me if someone else wants that colour.

I have so many games that I haven't even played yet! Want to learn more. I like Kamisado. I've introduced it to a number of people, face to face and online. Should start playing it again on Yucata!

I don't mind being a lowly villager, less stress, but Seer is my favourite role.
You do make an excellent seer. You really rocked the role in Foreshadowing.
I didn't get why so many people didn't believe you. You had me convinced in a heartbeat
(and that's even without the fact that I knew nick was a wolf ).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
on-x
United States
not quite canada
flag msg tools
Did I fall asleep?
badge
Shall I go now?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oloughma wrote:
irwin1138 wrote:

...What?! No, no, I can't say as I recall that particular game. I think maybe I was the seer and you let me die because you were a wolf.
I love when you snipe-kill benti. It's always a hoot. You should do it some more.
FYP. Hey, I don't capitalize yours, don't capitalize mine!

So, are Nessus and I a single person, or do you only enjoy playing with both of us together (and not with just one of us)?

Thanks for coming back, btw. As I mentioned, I was missing you. And feeling bad for you.
My back can be a bitch too. I wish you all the best on that front. (hehe, see what I did there?!)


Ha ha .. yes, I'm all back to front now with laughing so much!

Oh ... you remember that game alright. Damn, if I had just lived one more day!! I had figured out you must have been the cub but Hunter Dake was your best ally then. So sure you were good. You must have been snickering all game.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you're not your own person. Just thought that most of us know that connection. So yes I enjoy playing with irwin and/or Nessus as well as my other ww buddies. (Is Nessus capitalized?)
Oh, yes. Nessus definitely capitalizes. The sod!

Oh, I know. I was just messing with you. No offense taken at being lumped together with my husband.
When I first saw it, in my mind I saw "irwiNessus" ...which is cool and all, but not even what you wrote.
It's far better than the name one of my twin brother-in-law's refers to us as (a Hollywood-style mash-up).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Professor Xavier convinced Katniss to leave her home at 221B Baker Street. She jumped into the Impala shouting, "Allons-y!" .....
badge
.... to take The Ring down the yellow brick road, all through the black of the 'verse, to Narnia, to shine like a star, while saving the Enterprise from the Six-fingered Slytherin Sith.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grats, Olo!!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Underline the black around my eyes in the dark, with heavy chains over my heart.
badge
I just look don't feel like myself at all, and I'm just waiting for the axe to fall.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!

What are your thoughts on pizza and pasta?

What is your favourite desert?

If your life were a film or tv series, what would be the soundtrack?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
on-x
United States
not quite canada
flag msg tools
Did I fall asleep?
badge
Shall I go now?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oloughma wrote:
Thank you Violin and DeMorce!

DeMorcerf wrote:
Congratulations!

What are your thoughts on pizza and pasta?

What is your favourite desert?

If your life were a film or tv series, what would be the soundtrack?


Pizza and pasta, as long as they're vegetarian I like both. I love a good potato pizza but that can be hard to find. From simpler places I'll just order sliced tomatoes and onions.

For pasta, I like it with a simple pesto sauce or a light tomato sauce. Filled pasta like butternut squash ravioli or agnolotti are delicious.

You mean dessert? Since you're asking about food I assume so. I love a good bread pudding. Again, not so easy to find. How about blueberry pie!

Soundtrack to my life. My first thought was the prelude to Act 3 of Tristan + Isolde. I suppose that's a little too dark. Maybe some Richard Strauss music, like the end of Im Abendrot.
I absolutely love butternut squash ravioli. I love that movie. And I love you!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Underline the black around my eyes in the dark, with heavy chains over my heart.
badge
I just look don't feel like myself at all, and I'm just waiting for the axe to fall.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I mean desert.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Underline the black around my eyes in the dark, with heavy chains over my heart.
badge
I just look don't feel like myself at all, and I'm just waiting for the axe to fall.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oloughma wrote:
DeMorcerf wrote:
No, I mean desert.


I couldn't tell you that because I've never been to any desert anywhere. laugh


I'll take that as an entry for the Taklamakan.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Reissmann
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations oloughma!!!
It's really good to have you back playing with us again! You getting WotW is well deserved.
oloughma wrote:
Nolemon, Vanders, Irwin and Nessus, Rhand, Irina, Nick ...
Thanks. You'd make my short list too.
oloughma wrote:
Random Roleset 7 was one of my fave's. I was just a vanillager and I managed to live and we won. I also got in a great last second vote to take out evil Benti.
Random Role Set 7 - In Progress - 9 PM lynch time
That was truly awesome! I still makes me smile when I think of it.
oloughma wrote:
Alcoholic drink, usually a nice dry red wine.

Non-alcoholic drink, hands down, what I drink the most, is tea. Plain black or orange pekoe tea, served hot and black, no sugar.
Some of my favorites as well.
oloughma wrote:
I love a good potato pizza but that can be hard to find.
Potato pizza?! How strangely enticing. I shall have to look in to making on of those.
oloughma wrote:
I love a good bread pudding. Again, not so easy to find.
I also love bread pudding! I've been making it since I was a kid. I recently found a fantastic recipe for a bourbon sauce that is absolutely perfect with it! Now I'm hungry for that too. I think I sense some weekend meal plans coming together...

So, bread pudding... raisins or no?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Reissmann
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oloughma wrote:
Is there a list somewhere that shows all the WotW's?
There's a link on the bottom of the main page of cassy. Also, there's one right here: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/wotw.php
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a quiet free spirit with a mysterious past
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oloughma wrote:
Is there a list somewhere that shows all the WotW's?

Yeah, in Cassy.

http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/wotw.php
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Reissmann
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oloughma wrote:
Nessus77 wrote:
Congratulations oloughma!!!
It's really good to have you back playing with us again! You getting WotW is well deserved.
oloughma wrote:
Nolemon, Vanders, Irwin and Nessus, Rhand, Irina, Nick ...
Thanks. You'd make my short list too.
oloughma wrote:
Random Roleset 7 was one of my fave's. I was just a vanillager and I managed to live and we won. I also got in a great last second vote to take out evil Benti.
Random Role Set 7 - In Progress - 9 PM lynch time
That was truly awesome! I still makes me smile when I think of it.
oloughma wrote:
Alcoholic drink, usually a nice dry red wine.

Non-alcoholic drink, hands down, what I drink the most, is tea. Plain black or orange pekoe tea, served hot and black, no sugar.
Some of my favorites as well.
oloughma wrote:
I love a good potato pizza but that can be hard to find.
Potato pizza?! How strangely enticing. I shall have to look in to making on of those.
oloughma wrote:
I love a good bread pudding. Again, not so easy to find.
I also love bread pudding! I've been making it since I was a kid. I recently found a fantastic recipe for a bourbon sauce that is absolutely perfect with it! Now I'm hungry for that too. I think I sense some weekend meal plans coming together...

So, bread pudding... raisins or no?


I do like raisins in my bread pudding. You? My mother used to make it and I've never tried to make it myself. I think I would like that bourbon sauce for it. Is that in the recipe thread?

I loved posting that fainting gif when I voted Benti! laugh That perfectly showed they way I felt.

Potato pizza: sliced par-boiled potatoes (not too thin), onions, a bit of rosemary and a cream sauce. mmmmmmmmm
I prefer no raisins, but it's good either way. It's really quite simple to make. I've never actually seen the recipe thread. blush Maybe I should put the recipe there. I think I probably need to look around a bit more. I might have not known about your WotW if irwin hadn't linked it in the fiver lobby. I wonder what else I'm missing...

The gif was great. That was such a fun lynch! Fantastic lynch chaos leading up to a perfect snipe.

That pizza sounds delicious. I'll be attempting make it some time soon.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
on-x
United States
not quite canada
flag msg tools
Did I fall asleep?
badge
Shall I go now?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oloughma wrote:
irwin1138 wrote:
oloughma wrote:
Thank you Violin and DeMorce!

DeMorcerf wrote:
Congratulations!

What are your thoughts on pizza and pasta?

What is your favourite desert?

If your life were a film or tv series, what would be the soundtrack?


Pizza and pasta, as long as they're vegetarian I like both. I love a good potato pizza but that can be hard to find. From simpler places I'll just order sliced tomatoes and onions.

For pasta, I like it with a simple pesto sauce or a light tomato sauce. Filled pasta like butternut squash ravioli or agnolotti are delicious.

You mean dessert? Since you're asking about food I assume so. I love a good bread pudding. Again, not so easy to find. How about blueberry pie!

Soundtrack to my life. My first thought was the prelude to Act 3 of Tristan und Isolde. I suppose that's a little too dark. Maybe some Richard Strauss music, like the end of Im Abendrot.
I absolutely love butternut squash ravioli. I love that movie. And I love you!


You are too sweet irwin! kiss Love you too!

Actually I don't know the movie of Tristan + Isolde. Don't know if they used any of the Wagner music, did they?
I know, I'll rot your teeth.

Unfortunately, no. I named my cockatiel Wagner though.
1 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
on-x
United States
not quite canada
flag msg tools
Did I fall asleep?
badge
Shall I go now?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How recent is that video?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Underline the black around my eyes in the dark, with heavy chains over my heart.
badge
I just look don't feel like myself at all, and I'm just waiting for the axe to fall.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Did I ask you questions before? How many languages do you know; to what degrees? If you had to never use your English and/or your native tongue (if it's not English) again, what language would you choose as your new main speaking language?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L squared Radicchio
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh my goodness, that video looks terrifying!
You are one brave daredevil!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
on-x
United States
not quite canada
flag msg tools
Did I fall asleep?
badge
Shall I go now?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hibou wrote:
Oh my goodness, that video looks terrifying!
You are one brave daredevil!
By terrifying, do you mean exhilarating?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L squared Radicchio
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
irwin1138 wrote:
hibou wrote:
Oh my goodness, that video looks terrifying!
You are one brave daredevil!
By terrifying, do you mean exhilarating?


If by exhilarating, you mean watching it in an IMax theater and not having it be me up there, then yes.
She looks like she's having an awesome time though!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L squared Radicchio
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes without the hands up, the picture does look out of place.

I must have been busy your week, so I am asking delayed questions.
What are your favorite veggie/vegan/veggie-friendly restaurants in Toronto?
Have you been to King's Cafe? Do you like Ethiopian food? What is your favorite area of Toronto?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L squared Radicchio
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I know I also completely missed reading and commenting on a few WotWs during the month or two I was mainly away from BGG.

Nice! I know of 2 people from Aurora. I used to be friends with them, but have now lost touch. Toronto is so giant, every time I go, I feel like there's a new part of the city to discover. I agree with you about preferring greenery though, or at least a mix. I've been to both High Park and the Islands, and like them both. I was also in a foresty area somewhere north, with hiking but don't remember the name.

King's Cafe is in the Kensignton Market. It's a Chinese style vegetarian restaurant. I liked it last time I was there.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.