1 Posts

Turbo Taxi» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Not for the Slow Gamer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Martinell
United States
flag msg tools
In our usual group we have one "slow" player... I am not saying that he is mentally challenged, just that he takes a very long time in making decisions, going over choices, strategies, etc... Upon reading the description of Turbo Taxi and seeing the decent rating here I decided that this was exactly the kind of game that would wreak havoc with our slow player, so I ordered it.

This particular night we had 5 gamers
-Chad (me)

Since I knew the player count before-hand I spent a little time photocopying and cutting out an extra set of puzzle tiles so that we could all play.

This game is incredibly fast-paced, and it took a few rounds for everyone to get a good feel for the basics of finding the center piece and orienting the other tiles. After the second round Debbie broke out the "Bunco Bell" and the "ding" of the bell just added to the tension that the game caused. If I recall correctly Doug scored the first 2, and I scored the 3rd round. Doug kept his lead, but I bounced back in the end for a final medal count of Doug-5 and me-7. The other 3 players didn't score any medals. This doesn't mean too much, as Doug and I probably have slightly better pattern recognition and hand-eye coordination skills. With a few more games under the belt I'm sure the score distribution will even out.

The game had the desired effect on our slow player, and I'm sure we'll never bring the game to the table while that player is in attendance... but oh well, it was still worth the $16 just for the one night.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.