Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Helba
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to gain Intrigue cards beyond the 3 you start with? If so, I couldn't find it on my first read through the rules. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are (or is) intrigue cards that allow you to increase the hand limit, which is presumed to be 3 because the rules don't say you can have more than that. So during the 3 increasing influence phases is where you could gain more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Thompson
United States
Norfolk
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
slider wrote:
Is there a way to gain Intrigue cards beyond the 3 you start with? If so, I couldn't find it on my first read through the rules. Thanks.

During rounds 3/6/9 you can decide to draw up to two more. You decide to either place two influence, place one influence & draw a card, or draw two cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Helba
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Outinthedark wrote:
During rounds 3/6/9 you can decide to draw up to two more. You decide to either place two influence, place one influence & draw a card, or draw two cards.

Ah, that's right. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
I am where I need to be when I need to be.
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a set hand limit? Is it three like has been suggested above?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
elitusprime
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Man, Sub-creator, the refracted Light through whom is splintered from a single White to many hues, and endlessly combined in living shapes that move from mind to mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Jolly Roger version does not indicate a hand limit. The hand limit is three in the Avalon Hill version.

Most folks seem to be assuming that omitting the hand limit in the Jolly Roger version is a rulebook error, and using the three hand limit rule from the Avalon Hill version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Grabiner
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
elitusprime wrote:
The Jolly Roger version does not indicate a hand limit. The hand limit is three in the Avalon Hill version.

Most folks seem to be assuming that omitting the hand limit in the Jolly Roger version is a rulebook error, and using the three hand limit rule from the Avalon Hill version.

As evidence for this, one of the Jolly Roger intrigue cards refers to a hand limit, which implies that there is a limit.

As evidence against this, Avalon Hill has a specific rule that you may only accept a bribe which would take you over the hand limit if you return a card to the briber (in particular, you cannot play a card before accepting the bribe); Jolly Roger has no such rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David Grabiner wrote:
elitusprime wrote:

As evidence for this, one of the Jolly Roger intrigue cards refers to a hand limit, which implies that there is a limit.

As evidence against this, Avalon Hill has a specific rule that you may only accept a bribe which would take you over the hand limit if you return a card to the briber (in particular, you cannot play a card before accepting the bribe); Jolly Roger has no such rule.

Jim has said it should be 3. And is reflected in the rule re-write.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.