Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Albright
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I roll a "rain" on the weather die and then apply it to a plot with a "fertilizer" improvement do I then grow the bamboo by two or one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
by two
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
from the rules:

RAIN
The player may place a Bamboo section on the irrigated plot of his choice, up to a limit of four sections per plot.

-and-

FERTILIZER
Fertilizer increases the growth of bamboo on its plot. Each time the bamboo grows, two sections are added instead of one (subject to the
usual 4 sections maximum).

Seems pretty clear to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Albright
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the fast response and quick words.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MunchWolf wrote:
from the rules:

RAIN
The player may place a Bamboo section on the irrigated plot of his choice, up to a limit of four sections per plot.

-and-

FERTILIZER
Fertilizer increases the growth of bamboo on its plot. Each time the bamboo grows, two sections are added instead of one (subject to the

It seems to me in this instance, you either place 2 bamboo, or could choose not to place any bamboo. ('ignore' the rain? ,unlikely sure, but use of *may* seems to allow the choice of no placement?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 Lucky Texan wrote:

It seems to me in this instance, you either place 2 bamboo, or could choose not to place any bamboo. ('ignore' the rain? ,unlikely sure, but use of *may* seems to allow the choice of no placement?)

That was not the question

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MunchWolf wrote:
from the rules:

RAIN

-and-

FERTILIZER

Not quite as clear as it would be if the rain rule said to grow a bamboo section rather than place it - in some games, the verb being different would mean the bonus didn't apply...

I'm firmly in the "two sections" camp, but I can see an argument the other way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.