Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
Lockdown states "No other player activated a command on this turn."

I can't find calcification in the rules. The only reference to a turn I found was a player turn.

So the way I read this mission is that I get 2 IP on my turn if no one else activated a command. This seems like an easy 2 IP to get every turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Schiavo
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It means that you are only playing cards towards yourself (and the point arrows towards the other players) if you did not give them any commands to execute. It can be useful short term, but eventually all those arrows will add up to more unless you have a lot of turning ability.

It might actually be slightly easier in the Mark II rules, now that the opponent doesn't have to use the command every time, but it's also a way to entice someone to do something they don't really want to do. "Use that kill on one of your agents, or I get 2 IP from my mission."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
You're ignoring the fact that the mission scores even if no agents were played. It's not as much of a drawback as the way you described. So really, it's still 2 relatively easy IP to score every turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Russell
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having played with it, it is easy to get those two points,. I spent a lot of time focusing on missions and focusing on useful commands, but sometimes it was still best to just play agents with arrows pointing toward me and forgo the two points for that turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.