Masters of the Gridiron» Forums » Rules

Subject: Playbook question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Benthien
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
With the stock teams---when I add the audibles do I take out 4 TD cards so that the FG cards add up to half the deck? Doing so however breaks the rule of having at least 12 TD cards in the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Smith
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it is a bit confusing. They have a deckbuilding file on their site and the example deck they gave in there had 14 field goals and 10 touchdowns. The deckbuilding instructions seem to specify you always need a 12/12 split (12+ touchdowns, half your deck must be field goals). I just figured with the stock team decks as they are, one can just throw the audibles in there and run with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sports Mogul
United States
Ashford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
publisher
Yes, when building a tournament deck, your playbook must be 50/50 from td's to field goals. Audibles themselves are counted as TD's, so the following would be a correct setup for a deck:

1) 14 TD's
2) 18 FG's
3) 4 Audibles

Of course you don't have to have that many cards, but you may go as high as you wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Dreslough
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
SportsMogul wrote:
Yes, when building a tournament deck, your playbook must be 50/50 from td's to field goals. Audibles themselves are counted as TD's, so the following would be a correct setup for a deck:

1) 14 TD's
2) 18 FG's
3) 4 Audibles

Note that Audibles are "counted as TDs" simply in that they are not field goals. The playbook rules require that at least half of your playbook cards are field goals. Thus if you have a legal deck that is exactly 50% field goals, and you want to add an Audible card, you will have to remove a touchdown to make room for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.