Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » General

Subject: MDM Vassal 2.0 Preview rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Donut MDM
msg tools
mb
I've been working hard this weekend

I will update main thread when it's finished.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Alvin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i was wondering if you could scrap the arrows on the play mat. keep just a nice clean solid color as well. the image of the heros in the back is a bit too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beazer
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too prefer to have the arrows present.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Alvin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fiiiiiiiiine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. M
Portugal
Porto
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree a bit with both opinions.

The "function over form" of the play mat should be kept, but maybe with a layer 'semi-transparent' over it to still make it readable but less strong to the eye, and also help to make the dice stand out.
The translucent layer (over the mat but under the die) could have some tint on it too (sepia or other).

And +1 on losing the heroes images behind the cards, it a bit confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donut MDM
msg tools
mb
Axtklinge wrote:

The "function over form" of the play mat should be kept, but maybe with a layer 'semi-transparent' over it to still make it readable but less strong to the eye, and also help to make the dice stand out.
The translucent layer (over the mat but under the die) could have some tint on it too (sepia or other).

You sound like you have experience with graphics and If interested I could send you the images to see what you could do. Any help is appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kayser Aces XII
msg tools
mbmb
This is great to test teams, thank you!

I've been using the 1.1 version a lot, but I noticed that "Distraction" basic action has a different text and effect.

Also, could you include the tournament promos that we know so far (Teamwork and Thor)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donut MDM
msg tools
mb
kacex2 wrote:
This is great to test teams, thank you!

I've been using the 1.1 version a lot, but I noticed that "Distraction" basic action has a different text and effect.

Also, could you include the tournament promos that we know so far (Teamwork and Thor)?

The Distraction thing is funny. For actions I was using the images WizKids released for printing to use with common dice. I looked up the new one and yeah it's a pretty big difference. I'll use the actual scans, thanks for pointing that out.

As for the promos my brother also asked so it's a good bet you'll see them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Schultz
United States
Rolling Prairie
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MDMDonut wrote:
Axtklinge wrote:

You sound like you have experience with graphics and If interested I could send you the images to see what you could do. Any help is appreciated.

MDMDonut, really appreciating all the work you're putting into this. I'm actually a programmer now, but have a degree in computer graphics and know my way around Photoshop quite well. If there's any assistance I can provide on the visual OR programming side, please let me know. I'd be happy to help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
Two misprints I noticed:

Angel die, lvl 1, it should be 2A and 2D. Currently it shows 2A and 3D.

Focus Power action: it should cost 3. Currently it shows 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donut MDM
msg tools
mb
bootylactin wrote:
MDMDonut wrote:
Axtklinge wrote:

MDMDonut, really appreciating all the work you're putting into this. I'm actually a programmer now, but have a degree in computer graphics and know my way around Photoshop quite well. If there's any assistance I can provide on the visual OR programming side, please let me know. I'd be happy to help.

Sorry for the delayed response, my internet is being screwy. Someone is coming today hopefully to fix it. If you are still interested I'll send you 2.0 and you can see what you can do the backgrounds. Let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donut MDM
msg tools
mb
jhoratio wrote:
Two misprints I noticed:

Angel die, lvl 1, it should be 2A and 2D. Currently it shows 2A and 3D.

Focus Power action: it should cost 3. Currently it shows 4.

I fixed the die awhile ago and started using the real action card scans. When the shortage first happen WizKids released a pdf with action cards and those are the ones you saw. It's been fixed and thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Schultz
United States
Rolling Prairie
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MDMDonut wrote:
Sorry for the delayed response, my internet is being screwy. Someone is coming today hopefully to fix it. If you are still interested I'll send you 2.0 and you can see what you can do the backgrounds. Let me know.

Yep, send it along, I'm happy to help. I'll geekmail you my info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah H
United States
Friendswood
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news on 2.0?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lindell
United States
Hillsboro
OR
flag msg tools
badge
Stay frosty, my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you need testers for 2.0, I'd be happy to help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Think 880
msg tools
So excited about this. How is it coming along, friend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Kirkwood
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really like the work you're doing. Here's my lone suggestion that I can see. I've played some monsterpocalypse on vassal and one of the cool features that mod has is a team "staging" window.

Basically, you can open a window and drag the components into that window and save them there. This allowed you to join a game open the team staging window, open a saved set of components, and drag them as a whole onto the play area. Would save a bunch of time as you could, functionally, save decklists and not have to manually add them to swap out teams.

I know you're doing a ton of work without any help and I really appreciate it, but just thought I'd add my thoughts for improvement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Schultz
United States
Rolling Prairie
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goat314 wrote:
Really like the work you're doing. Here's my lone suggestion that I can see. I've played some monsterpocalypse on vassal and one of the cool features that mod has is a team "staging" window.

Basically, you can open a window and drag the components into that window and save them there. This allowed you to join a game open the team staging window, open a saved set of components, and drag them as a whole onto the play area. Would save a bunch of time as you could, functionally, save decklists and not have to manually add them to swap out teams.

I know you're doing a ton of work without any help and I really appreciate it, but just thought I'd add my thoughts for improvement.

I downloaded the latest monsterpocalpyse module to attempt to discover how this was done, but didn't see the functionality. I opened a Red/Blue army window depending on whether I was player 1/2, and I could drag pieces there, but saw no option to save my configuration. Am I looking in the right place?

Donut shared his work in progress for version 2 with me so that I could help him with some graphical changes. I have offered to take over updating duties from him if he doesn't have the time or inclination any longer, but I've not heard from him for a while. I've added the organized play cards from months 1-3 to his latest, and was hoping to have the pre-built team option working before I released it. He's done some great things in version 2 that were definite improvements over version 1.

There is a crude "Deck" option implemented in version 2, but it only allows you to save what is essentially a stack of cards and no dice. What I'm shooting for is the ability to lay out your entire team with dice included, save that configuration, and then be able to load it after joining a game. Then you'd simply select everything and drag it over to the play window.

It sounds like you could do this in Monsterpocalypse at some point, but I've not figured out how yet. If anyone else has played a vassal module that allows you to save/load a configuration of pieces (not JUST a deck), please speak up so I can look into how they accomplished this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
bootylactin wrote:
If anyone else has played a vassal module that allows you to save/load a configuration of pieces (not JUST a deck), please speak up so I can look into how they accomplished this.

X-Wing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Schultz
United States
Rolling Prairie
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jhoratio wrote:
X-Wing

Is this native to X-Wing, or are you referencing the Logfile "replay" method? I'm not seeing a "save" option anywhere for just the team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
bootylactin wrote:
jhoratio wrote:
X-Wing

Is this native to X-Wing, or are you referencing the Logfile "replay" method? I'm not seeing a "save" option anywhere for just the team.

Go to afewmaneuvers.com and look up vassal. Should fund everything you need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Schultz
United States
Rolling Prairie
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jhoratio wrote:
Go to afewmaneuvers.com and look up vassal. Should fund everything you need.

Thanks for the reply, and yep that's the logfile replay hack.

I'm fairly new to Vassal and quite frankly surprised the program doesn't natively support saving teams/squads/lists in a more intuitive fashion.

In any case, the above hack works with any module, so I'll include instructions on how to pull this off in MDM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Schultz
United States
Rolling Prairie
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone following this thread, 2.1 is available here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.