Hide
4 Posts

Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » General

Subject: Are playmats required (for competitive play)? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Austin
msg tools
Is there a requirement to use a playmat of some sort? At minimum, the printable kind? Something that shows what's fielded versus what's attacking or used, or KO'd?

I was playing against a friend that doesn't use a playmat of any kind. It was very difficult to tell which sections were which. Have you guys experienced this before?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in kaiju.
mbmbmbmbmb
Playmats are not required at all. After a few games, you'll get used to where the zones are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The mats are not required. If there is confusion of any kind I would ask for clarification from my opponent. If clarification is still to be had I would ask for the judge to come over.

I use the image that Wizkids posted (the one with the zones and arrows to help those new to the game) and had two printed on mouse pad material. I offer my opponent one to use if they have nothing as this helps both of us and makes clear which die/dice are where.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john withers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to brag, but I could be the most avid and rabid Marvel Dice Masters supporter at my local gameshop. I've been there for organized play, even when it was just me and my wife showing up. The shop owner announced with glee that the official mats were due in soon and that I could swing by and pick one up. Eh. I don't need one, I've already printed more than enough ArtsCow mats to suit my needs and then some.

If he gives them out as a door prize or tournament prize I'd be cool winning one because winning is always good. Otherwise, I'm skipping the mat at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.