• [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Going by the Amazon price, that is about a $120 value if I did my math right.

How confident are you that you will like the game? Is the risk worth the $20 savings versus buying them individually?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D M
United States
Playa Del Rey
CA
flag msg tools
mbmb
It was mostly prompted by interest in this
[url]
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...
[/url]
and in case my queries resulted in Thunderstone folk advising me to avoid. All that said, any recs for comparable (better?) products are welcome.

Thanks,
David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa!!! The thunderstone bundle looks like a great deal!

With Pathfinder, I have found that my interest has cooled considerably as I keep playing through the adventure path. Each new adventure deck adds some new things, but not enough, in my opinion. However, there are lots of people who are still playing it religiously.

The new base set is coming out in just a few months. It might be worth it just to wait and see the kind of reviews that gets (hopefully they learned from some of the criticisms prompted by the first release). However, I do think the Thunderstone bundle is a great deal for both games! I would get it if it weren't redundant for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is almost impossible to offer worthwhile advice because it is so dependent on your personal tastes.

Probably the best advice would be to try games before making your purchasing decision, either a fiends copy, gaming group or at a FLGS which offer the service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D M
United States
Playa Del Rey
CA
flag msg tools
mbmb
New basic set? I went to the Paizo site and all I saw in upcoming releases was a pirate themed one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skull & Shackles IS the new Basic Set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way Pathfinder Adventure Card Game works is that there are different Adventure Paths. Each Adventure Path consists of a Base Set, a Character Add-on Deck, and 6 Adventure Decks (Adventure Deck 1 is included with the Base Set). That set of cards comprise a complete stand-alone game. In total each Adventure Path includes 11 playable characters.

Rise of the Runelords was the first Adventure Path, and the final adventure deck releases this month.

Skull and Shackles is the next Adventure Path and the Base Set and Character Add-on Deck release in August.

The games are stand-alone games. You do not use cards from Rise of the Runelords to play Skull and Shackles. However, the different adventure paths are compatible. So you can take a character card from Rise of the Runelords and use it instead in Skull and Shackles. But you aren't continuing the character, you are starting from scratch. Characters are one of the things that give the game replay value, since they can do very different things from the other characters. You can also create your own scenarios, adventures, or even your own adventure path by using cards from multiple published adventure paths.

I personally love PACG. And I've not tired of it and am excited to hopefully receive the final adventure for Rise of the Runelords in the next week or so. Many, many other people feel the same way. But, it isn't for everyone. I would recommend trying it before making that huge commitment of money. (Also, note that you'll still need to buy decks 5 and 6 if you want to complete the whole game.) If you do like it, then It looks like it is worth it, perhaps even more so if you like Thunderstone. But don't sink $100+ into something only to discover you don't like it. You could have found that out for about $45 by just buying the base set. See if a friend has it. Or see if a game store will let you try it. Or at least watch some videos of people playing on YouTube.

Good luck. I do hope you enjoy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.