Hide
12 Posts

Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Tournament Deck Talk rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johnny Steffen
msg tools
I think the more I think about Johnny Blaze, the more I outright hate him. There are barely any two cost picks, but even then, rolling the character face on Ghost Rider is just awful. Basically, I guess I feel having an explicit source of bolts to be not very important when your bolt characters are 3 to 4 costs.

If you're sticking with the above (general) template, I'd be happier with Beast/Mr. Fantastic, especially if you're using distraction. At least if Beast rolls a character face, you can still probably field him. Also, he'd give you masks to use on those fancy powers (Distraction/Brilliant Scientist)

Unfortunately, there isn't too much of a meta where I am. Still working on getting a weekly meetup going. What do you find you play against often?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ramos
United States
Wethersfield
CT - Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Gobby, but I had and issue playing against Mjolnir because it wipes out your sidekicks with the action, or KO 1 sidekick with the global action somewhat negating Gobby's fielding power. I like matching Gobby with Captain America "American Hero" giving the sidekicks a boost and avoiding them getting knocked out too easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Davis
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
What about Human Torch "Playing With Fire" Instead of Ghost Rider? 2 cost source of a bolt and an early aggro character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Taylor
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A question for those who have played in events already.

1)Do you think decks will become 4 cards(characters) only, knowing you will never use/buy the dice for the other 4 you can field?

I have not played as much as I would liked to have but every game I have played we never stray outside of the main 3 to 4 characters we set the deck around.

A good example is the Human Torch that deals 1 damage for every character played. My opponent just buys 4 of them as fast as possible with Storm and Mr Fantastic for attacking/blocking and never needs to purchase another dice for his bag or a high cost character. Run that with Gearing Up and he only ever needs 3 character cards and 12 dice Maximum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Steward
United States
Kent
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rhadamanthine wrote:
1)Do you think decks will become 4 cards(characters) only, knowing you will never use/buy the dice for the other 4 you can field?

I can see core decks being like this, with the other 4 slots available for counters and globals. Ideally you want as few types of dice as possible to increase the consistency of any given deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Taylor
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Funny you should mention the Globals as the extra space filler cards. That is exactly what we use the other 4 cards for. Effectively our decks consist of 3-4 playing characters and 3-4 Global abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Poole
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blaze is mostly just useful for a cheap energy source I feel, his field costs are just way too high for his mediocre stats and lack of ability. Also I think I would probably agree with Mr. Fantastic or Pheonix as it's a great way to shut down beast, Loki etc.

Also yay, get to fight Gobby on Thursday :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robinson Crusoe
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sirchadofkent wrote:
rhadamanthine wrote:

I can see core decks being like this, with the other 4 slots available for counters and globals. Ideally you want as few types of dice as possible to increase the consistency of any given deck.

So how about something like:

Human Torch- Flame On x3
Storm- Goddess of the Plain x3
Mr Fantastic- Brilliant Scientist x4
Gambit- Ace in the Hole x3

Spiderman- Tiger x2 (Storm/Loki counter)
Beast- Genetic Expert x2 (Tsarina counter)
Mjolnir- Fist of the Righteous x2(villain counter)
Professor X- Powerful Telepath x1 (action/global counter)

Action dice-
Gearing Up
Power Bolt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Taylor
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
RobinsonCrusoe wrote:
sirchadofkent wrote:
rhadamanthine wrote:

So how about something like:

Human Torch- Flame On x3
Storm- Goddess of the Plain x3
Mr Fantastic- Brilliant Scientist x4
Gambit- Ace in the Hole x3

Spiderman- Tiger x2 (Storm/Loki counter)
Beast- Genetic Expert x2 (Tsarina counter)
Mjolnir- Fist of the Righteous x2(villain counter)
Professor X- Powerful Telepath x1 (action/global counter)

Action dice-
Gearing Up
Power Bolt

That is exactly how we think when deck setting except we only have 1 dice on the Globals. We very rarely purchase that one dice on the global so extra dice is just more to carry around and setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.