1 Posts

Risk: The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Edition» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Mordor & Mirkwood rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Daulton
United States
flag msg tools
We had 6 people show up tonight for our “Risk” night. So we split up into two different groups. Trying to control the galaxy in Star Wars Risk was Derrick, Jon B., and Sonny. While Renee, Eric, and I tried to rule over Middle-Earth. There was going to be a lot of blood flowing with the dice rolls.

I started the game off with good holdings in Mordor and Mirkwood. Eric controlled all but one territory in Gondor at the beginning, while Renee had a foothold in Eragion (sp?). Through out the game I would hold Mordor, however it would be a different story with Mirkwood.

Renee and I continued to be a “thorn in each others flesh” to take a quote from the night. I would keep taking one territory in Eragion to stop her from controlling the region and then she would do the same in Mirkwood and eventually Rhun as well. Eric kept trying to take Osgiliath which I controlled the whole game. Most of the time I had at least 3 trolls sitting on it.

Another high point of the game, well a low point for Renee, was the fact that early on she had both her leaders destroyed. This wasn’t the big problem. Every time she got to place a new leader back on the board either Eric or I would destroy it. I think she lost 5 leaders throughout the game! This limited her adventure card playing ability and probably contributed a lot to her losing the game.

On the very last turn Eric was able to take a couple of strongholds and control all of Harad in the south. That gave him 6 extra points, which also gave him second place. Here are the final scores:

Player Territories Regions Strongholds Cards Total
Adam 20 6 10 8 44
Eric 21 2 8 3 34
Renee 21 3 4 1 29
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.