9 Posts

DC Comics Deck-Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: General set of Questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A B
msg tools
mbmbmb
-There are two sizes of cards as part of the game.
What are their dimensions in millimetres?

-Beyond the base game, what are the names of the
available expansions?

-I dislike the card art for the "Weakness" card
in the base set. Do subsequent set(s) have
replacement ones for weakness? Which set(s)
have this, if any?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robot romeo
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The main cards are the standard size 63x89. The character cards are close to 75x101.

2. The only available expansion is a stand alone expansion "Heroes Unite". The first real expansion "Crisis" is slated for third quarter, and another stand alone, "Forever Evil" is coming fourth quarter. There is also a "Batman vs Joker" mini game coming out some time in between them.

3. And yes all the art from the cards, including the "weakness" cards are different in the sets. The "weakness" cards in "Heroes Unite" are of Superboy getting hit with a Kryptonite beam.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't like the Weakness card art, either. It is really creepy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A B
msg tools
mbmbmb
-Will "Forever Evil" have yet another variety of weakness cards?

-Is Superboy a younger Superman, or are they different heroes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tall
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahem (puts on his comic geek hat), bare in mind I don't know if anything's change in the last decade with DC, but Superboy is/was a clone grown from Superman's DNA around the time Superman was killed by Doomsday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robot romeo
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like all the different sets will have different artwork for the main cards. So I think we can expect new punch, vulnerability, kick, and weakness cards in "Forever Evil". But they will probably be a villain version, so weakness cards might have a hero like Superman on them.

On another note, I prefer the punch, vulnerability, and kick cards from the main set. The "Heroes Unite" set is a little grittier and a little bloodier than he base set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
AdamT wrote:
Ahem (puts on his comic geek hat), bare in mind I don't know if anything's change in the last decade with DC, but Superboy is/was a clone grown from Superman's DNA around the time Superman was killed by Doomsday.

Except for the Superboy of the 1960's and later who was the younger version of Superman (see many of the issues of Adventure Comics, and Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes, for example).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Jude wrote:
AdamT wrote:

Except for the Superboy of the 1960's and later who was the younger version of Superman (see many of the issues of Adventure Comics, and Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes, for example).

I haven't been following the new 52's Superboy, but I thought he's from alternative universe?

I mix and match the starter cards so I'll have a Batman family (Batman punch, Batgirl vulnerability, Nightwing Kicks, Joker Weakness)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A B
msg tools
mbmbmb
-There are two different sizes of cards in this game.
What are their dimensions in millimetres, please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.