Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexandra Logan
Australia
Bardon
Queensland
flag msg tools
mb
Myself and one friend are interested in playing a roleplaying game via Skype. Ideally we would like it set in the Arthurian Legends universe.

Neither of us have played a roleplaying game before. We would both like to have the opportunity to do the Game Master role and also play our characters. I would like to be able to get to roll dice. Both of us would be keen to use maps of the various locations. I would like to play cut-away combat/action scenes. We'd like to have a set of non-player characters who react according to some sort of predetermined chart. Leveling up and character progression over multiple sessions would be a plus.

Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Kendrick
United Kingdom
Redditch
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
You might look at Pendragon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Doyle
United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure on the system to use, but you might want to look at the √úNE to help out with the non player characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may have more luck over on rpggeek (click RPGs at the top of the page).

There are two main Arthurian RPGs that I can think of Pendragon (already mentioned) and Age of Arthur. Pendragon is by far the most well known. There are also some minor specifically Arthurian games. Plus you can play in an Arthurian in many systems - especially the generic ones like Gurps.

Neither Pendragon or Age of Arthur is specifically 2 player, and both require a GM. So in reality it is 1 player and 1 GM. It is entirely feasible to play in that manner but you probably aren't going to find any published adventures that can be run for just one player. There are also tools like Mythic which are supposed to ameliorate the lack of a GM and let both players play (or just one player play) but I have no experience of those, nor how well it would translate to a game where combat may not be the sole focus of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
You should come over to RPGG like Andy said. It's for RPGG like BGG is for boardgames. I also flagged this post for moving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.