Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy Steuperaert
Belgium
Desselgem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoi

I recieved this game a few days ago. For some reason i never got around to buying ticket to ride so thought i may aswell get this one.

I read the different rules(not included in this game) and was wondering how to play the game for the first time.

Normal rules.
1910 rules.
Or megarules and should i use both bonuses then even if they are both on same card?

Thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Dawson
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Baelrath wrote:
Hoi

I recieved this game a few days ago. For some reason i never got around to buying ticket to ride so thought i may aswell get this one.

I read the different rules(not included in this game) and was wondering how to play the game for the first time.

Normal rules.
1910 rules.
Or megarules and should i use both bonuses then even if they are both on same card?

Thanks in advance

I suggest to play with the Mega Game rules: it's easier to setup (no need to separate cards into different decks) and allows more strategic choices
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Steuperaert
Belgium
Desselgem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok thanks. Megarules do require me to use both bonuses right?

Longest Route and Globetrotter Bonus. Seeing as its a doublesided card i will just have to tell that to the player and add the bonuspoints at the end of the game i guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjo Man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I play Mega Rules every day on the iPad. It just seems to have the best balance of everything, and there's more than one goal to accomplish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Louallen Jr.
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no reason to ever play anything other than Mega rules (with both bonuses) in my opinion for the board game version. The card isn't double-sided in the original version...that kinda sucks, but other than that the components look amazing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Vecstric
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the game only have one set of rules (Standard game) so I guess you play that with all the tickets that you received in the box. whistle
(DoW. . . shake )

I gave this away as a gift this weekend and luckily we got to open and play it right away so I (who had played the game before) could react with a puzzled 'Hmm, there seem to be a lot of different kind of tickets here. Maybe we shouldn't just put them in a pile and go?'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.