Hide
8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Adapting Command and Colors to other eras rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Sherwood
msg tools
I love the system in both Memoir 44, and Command and Colors. Trouble is I want to use them in other eras. What would one need to do to take Command and Colors, and adapt it to medieval times, or to more modern day wars like WWI or Vietnam. Or should these just be scratch built?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Disney Rob wrote:
adapt it to medieval times

That would be BattleLore.

They specifically had a subset of non-fantasy battles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You would need minor tweaks for more modern stuff since it already covers WWII. I personally wouldn't mind seeing other systems given the quality component treatment that the C&C system has. Samurai Battles being the exception since one of the biggest errors I have seen was the miniatures for that game. Make everything blocks like one user did, and the game benefits greatly from it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
The system can be adapted to the Cold War, Vietnam, WWI, and several other periods:

Richard Borg has been working on a WWI version. I observed a playtest session in April.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Smith
Iceland
Georgia
flag msg tools
Would you mind expounding on the photos you posted? Such as the rule adaptions you implemented?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Marauder85 wrote:
Would you mind expounding on the photos you posted? Such as the rule adaptions you implemented?

Here are two scenarios from the Vietnam era:

The 1979 border clash between China and Vietnam

Vietnam: 1972 Easter Offensive

Neither of these would win any awards. However, they both provide an example of the tremendous potential of the C&C system to portray a wide variety of conflicts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Smith
Iceland
Georgia
flag msg tools
I see, well thank you very much. Where did you get the modern miniature tanks from? I recognize the figures as ESCI but I've never seen little plastic tanks like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Marauder85 wrote:
Where did you get the modern miniature tanks from? I recognize the figures as ESCI but I've never seen little plastic tanks like that.

Those are from the Memoir '44: Mediterranean Theater expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.