Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings!

I'll be traveling to Montreal with a fellow gamer, and we were wondering if there are any boardgame groups that meet on a regular basis or any gaming cons in Montreal in August.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Turpin
Canada
blainville
Quebec
flag msg tools
there are no cons per say, but a good community who organise non-formal meetings every now and then.. I suggest you visit

http://www.dragonsnocturnes.org

and leave a message there (yes yes, everything is in french on there but the vast majority of people understand english and will reply to you)

enjoy your stay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dubin
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
snicholson wrote:
I'll be traveling to Montreal with a fellow gamer, and we were wondering if there are any boardgame groups that meet on a regular basis or any gaming cons in Montreal in August.

Scott, I'll be in Montreal the 7th-11th for Extreme Markup Languages. I occasionally get an evening game going at that meeting, and plan to try again this year. If you and your companion will be there on the 8th, 9th, or 10th, I'd be happy to try and pick a time that you both could participate.

No Extreme badge required, of course, but since I haven't seen you there in the past I encourage you to take a look at this year's program. The meeting is run by LIS alums from Drexel and KSU, and is one of my two favorite profesional meetings of the year.

http://www.extrememarkup.com/extreme/2006/e06-at-a-glance.ht...

cheers,

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Alexandria Bay
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Scott.
At Le Valet d'Coeur in Montreal, we regularly get togethr every second Friday evening to play games; one of our members is a fan of yours. You would be welcome to join us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gyges wrote:
Hi, Scott.
At Le Valet d'Coeur in Montreal, we regularly get togethr every second Friday evening to play games; one of our members is a fan of yours. You would be welcome to join us.

Sounds great! We'll be there on August 11th, and I look forward to meeting some of the Montreal-area boardgamers!

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis-Philippe Vallee
Canada
montreal
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Scott

I don’t know how long you will be in town for. But the montreal meetup group next meeting should be on the 19th .

http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/Montreal_Boardgames_Meetup_...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.