Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Commands & Colors: Napoleonics Expansion #2 – The Russian Army» Forums » General

Subject: Berezina scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to play the Berezina scenario soon, and after looking closer at it, I have a few questions to its design (not the rules as such)

Howcome all the French units start at full strenght?
Would it not be more fitting with the historical setting to have some or all of them start at reduced strenght (for example 3 blocks instead of 4) as a scenario special rule (just as is done to Davout´s units at Krasnoi)?

Howcome there are no special rules for temporary VPs for the bridge hex or for exiting units from the map and/or just the east bank?

It seems a bit strange that such an unusual battle is represented so straightforward in this game while others have special rules to represent (relatively) minor stuff.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fresh off playing this scenario, and we had some thoughts on this scenario.

In response to yours, unit strength is mostly a measure of morale rather than casualties, though effectiveness might be a better descriptor. For all it's woe's, the French Army was still highly competent and experienced in combat, and still respected by the Russian Army. So 4 blocks seems feasible.

The battle revolved around protecting the bridge so the baggage train (or what was left of it) and the civilian tail could get across. Victor and Oudinot were to defend until nightfall, and then slip away. So making the Bridge worth 2 Temporary Victory Banners seemed appropriate, and would balance up the scenario a bit. The exit would be to the French Right corner, but this seemed inappropriate to the French Army mission.

http://www.ccnapoleonics.net/Maps/French-invasion-of-Russia-...

http://www.napoleonguide.com/battle_beresina.htm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.