4 Posts

DC Comics Deck-Building Game: Heroes Unite» Forums » Rules

Subject: General Rules Question. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A B
msg tools
mbmbmb
-There are over-sized cards. What role do those cards play?
For the base game, what are their titles? Are the heroes and villains
over-sized cards, or not?

-Is there a system for focusing on one super hero or villain for deck purposes, and not a more general set of cards?

-Is there a minimum number of cards for the main deck, apart from every card included with box set? What is that number (of cards)[It would get terribly big with more of those pending updates)] ?

-At the end of your turn, you discard cards left over from your hand,
and draw 5 more. Where are these cards drawn from? The main deck?

-Is the idea that you draw 5 free per turn, and have to purchase any more from the lineup? Where is the purchase cost number for lineup cards? I know the VP number is on the left, inside the star icon. What is the number in the black circle on the right of some cards?

-When do the 5 cards in the lineup get referenced or used?

-After a super-villain card has made it's face up "first appearance" on the top of the main deck, and it gets drawn into hand, how do the rules do you get to fight this villain)?

-How do you fight the opponent player, and when? (I already know
about the on patrol option for play).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
it looks like you don't own the set yet, so I hope my answers are useful to you.

The over sized cards are the super-hero you represent - they have on the a special rule which applies only to you (or at lease, to the character you are playing).

No, I don't think there is a system for focussing on one hero or villain, although I am sure people have put loads of stuff in the variants section.

You draw new cards from your own deck, not from the main deck.

The purchase cost is on each card in the bottom right-hand corner, and you pay the cost with the amount of power in the cards in your hand. The cards you purchase go into your discard pile.

The cards in your discard pile are shuffled and go become your new deck when you have no deck and need to draw a card.

In the normal rules, the Super Villains aren't in the main deck. The normally attack only once, when they first appear. When you spend power to defeat them, they are gained in the same way as other cards and go into your discard pile.

You fight opponents with cards that allow you to attack (the have the word 'attack' on the card, and how their individual attack works). Your opponent may defend with a card with 'defence' written on it.

I wouldn't worry about 'on patrol' mode until you have learned basic play. I hope this encourages you to buy the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Watson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Zachary1234 wrote:

-Is there a minimum number of cards for the main deck, apart from every card included with box set? What is that number (of cards)[It would get terribly big with more of those pending updates)] ?

With the expansions they're stand alone. The recommendation is that if you're mixing them, you only replace cards of the same type (so set 1 equipment cards with set 2 for example). Theoretically there's nothing stopping you mixing all of the cards together, although it does dilute how some cards work (not to mention make shuffling somewhat impractical).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Cerbone
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
You can find the rulebook here.

http://www.cryptozoic.com/sites/default/files/uploads/files/...

A lot of your questions are answered in it.

If you were just taught how to play this game, but were not handed this rulebook, it will help you tremendously to read it before your next game.

If you are thinking about buying the game, then reading it will also help you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.